John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

to XXXXXXXXXXX1

Re: CATV issue- box freezing and reboots.

You should talk to more of your neighbors...more 'squeaky wheels' will get more action, in addition to giving the techs more data to work with.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

1 recommendation

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by John Galt6:

You should talk to more of your neighbors...more 'squeaky wheels' will get more action, in addition to giving the techs more data to work with.

I've got one of my neighbors on the lookout for a freeze-up, and to leave the box alone and to call me when it happens so I can call it in.

I'm hoping to freeze all three boxes before the morning. That would give three potential pieces of info right there.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

I was thinking more along the lines of having too many people affected for them to ignore.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

2 recommendations

XXXXXXXXXXX1 to John Galt6

Premium Member

to John Galt6
said by John Galt6:

Walked up and down the street today, looking to see who is serviced off the same amp as me. Of those that use CATV, one neighbor has seen the issue a bit, and two others have been plagued with freezing issues exactly like mine... and then it got too dark to continue...

Seems that nobody realized that anybody else was having that problem.... and it wasn't so bad that anybody has been regularly calling. Now it's pretty clear... it's not just me, it's at least this neighborhood.