spc
uniqs
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to resa1983

to resa1983

Re: [Extreme Plus] Ultimate Package

I think his question is valid. While not all areas can support 150/10 at this time, it would seem that all can support 45/4, so why couldn't they bump the 75/2 areas to 75/4?

The fact that they didn't make that bump cost them a few bucks in my case. 150/10 isn't available to me, so I "downgraded" from 75/2 to 45/4 for the time being.
golfman32
join:2006-11-18
St Thomas, ON

golfman32

When you downgraded to 45/4, did you find your speeds slower.

I called Rogers customer non-service, they could not tell me when the 150/10 would be available in my area.

The rep also told me he could not tell me when the 10 mbps upload would be available, he did tell me the 45/4 was available, could not explain why the more expensive plan has slower upload 2mbps on 75/2 vs 45/4.

I am waiting for Customer Escalation Team, I fee sorry for front line agents, the Rogers teams that actually package and market the services do not provide them info needed to do their jobs
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by golfman32:

I am waiting for Customer Escalation Team, I fee sorry for front line agents, the Rogers teams that actually package and market the services do not provide them info needed to do their jobs

You are wasting your time with CET. They are just another team of CSRs with no real powers and have permission from Rogers to call themselves managers when they are not. They don't know anything that frontline CSRs don't know.
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to golfman32

to golfman32
said by golfman32:

When you downgraded to 45/4, did you find your speeds slower.

Yes and no.

Yes, when downloading something large with multiple connections (ie an episode of TV I missed from a usenet provider with 20 connections), it's slower (Ultimate would download at 9+MB/s, Express at "only" 5+MB/s).

But not noticeably in any other way. Web surfing is still the same, 45mbit is still much more than necessary for streaming video so it's also the same, etc.

And most importantly, it's MUCH faster when I connect to my Home PC from Work. There was about a week of "bumpiness" where I found it necessary to change the RDP ports every day (was REALLY slow otherwise for some reason), but this has stopped and I think may have been related to the throttle being disabled in my area (since the problem disappeared the same time that the throttling ended).
golfman32
St Thomas, ON

golfman32

Back on the blower today to Rogers Customer Support CRAP!!!

4 calls, one visit to store so far and still not finished

Call 1

Upgrade now available, only works with Hitron

Go To Rogers Plus, Picked Up Hitron

Call 2

Cannot find WHUI code, transfer me back to Q

Call 3

Manager calls me "buddy", where did he get his professional training, bro's and hoe's!!!

Call 4

Was able to get modem into bridge mode, transfer to manager, noe going on 90 min, cannot find WHUI code

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

You may not be able to get provisioned on that profile until official network wide launch of 150/10 which should happen by March for Q1. Otherwise it is only select areas right now.
golfman32
St Thomas, ON

golfman32

They have told me Southwestern Ontario has 150/10 now, it is recent in last week or so.

The issue is be able to provision WHUI which is 750/10, I do not want to 150/10 for the extra money, 75/10 is supposed to give me faster upload
golfman32

golfman32

2 hour call, they upgraded speeds to 150/10, however, could not find code for 75/10.

Rogers agent on 2nd call committed to 75/10, said he found the code..they have to follow through...will they or make their co look like idiots...

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

No they won't. They never resolve anything once you're off the phone.
golfman32
St Thomas, ON

golfman32

I know, when I get the bill, I will call and complain, not sure if I complain to executive office, ombudsman or CCTS, I have them dead to rights, agent documented that he offered 75/10 at same price, agent confirmed what he could do, maybe they will give me the 150/10 at same price as 75/10, either way, they have to pay somehow for their companies call centers incompetence !!!!