reply to bbwithdrawls
Re: [HELP] Need help determining errors I agree with what's been said by others on the provider / ticket end
- open tickets
- open chronic tickets
- escalate to the duty manager
- escalate with your account team
- DOCUMENT what has (not) been done during the histories of the previous / chronic tickets -- that's usually enough to
light a fire under the account mgr's butt if it's clear ppl are waiting for the issue to clear on their own and not doing
anything to fix it while it's down.
From a technical end
- looping the smartjack and intrusive testing (24hour minimum) are basic things the telco can do
- get them to pull historical PMs
- checking and testing your own internal wiring's always a good idea
- is this a layer 2 circuit or layer 3 circuit? Run your own extending pings with the option of specifying the ping
pattern (data pattern, IIRC) -- not quite good as a TBIRD tester, but close enough.
Based on the output, its errors on the INCOMING direction (from the telco), CRC and frame tells me its coming
from the layer 1 and 2 (physical and logical) side of things.