join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to golfman32

Re: [Extreme Plus] Ultimate Package

said by golfman32:

When you downgraded to 45/4, did you find your speeds slower.

Yes and no.

Yes, when downloading something large with multiple connections (ie an episode of TV I missed from a usenet provider with 20 connections), it's slower (Ultimate would download at 9+MB/s, Express at "only" 5+MB/s).

But not noticeably in any other way. Web surfing is still the same, 45mbit is still much more than necessary for streaming video so it's also the same, etc.

And most importantly, it's MUCH faster when I connect to my Home PC from Work. There was about a week of "bumpiness" where I found it necessary to change the RDP ports every day (was REALLY slow otherwise for some reason), but this has stopped and I think may have been related to the throttle being disabled in my area (since the problem disappeared the same time that the throttling ended).

golfman32

join:2006-11-18
St Thomas, ON
Back on the blower today to Rogers Customer Support CRAP!!!

4 calls, one visit to store so far and still not finished

Call 1

Upgrade now available, only works with Hitron

Go To Rogers Plus, Picked Up Hitron

Call 2

Cannot find WHUI code, transfer me back to Q

Call 3

Manager calls me "buddy", where did he get his professional training, bro's and hoe's!!!

Call 4

Was able to get modem into bridge mode, transfer to manager, noe going on 90 min, cannot find WHUI code

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
You may not be able to get provisioned on that profile until official network wide launch of 150/10 which should happen by March for Q1. Otherwise it is only select areas right now.

golfman32

St Thomas, ON
They have told me Southwestern Ontario has 150/10 now, it is recent in last week or so.

The issue is be able to provision WHUI which is 750/10, I do not want to 150/10 for the extra money, 75/10 is supposed to give me faster upload

golfman32

St Thomas, ON
2 hour call, they upgraded speeds to 150/10, however, could not find code for 75/10.

Rogers agent on 2nd call committed to 75/10, said he found the code..they have to follow through...will they or make their co look like idiots...

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
No they won't. They never resolve anything once you're off the phone.

golfman32

St Thomas, ON
I know, when I get the bill, I will call and complain, not sure if I complain to executive office, ombudsman or CCTS, I have them dead to rights, agent documented that he offered 75/10 at same price, agent confirmed what he could do, maybe they will give me the 150/10 at same price as 75/10, either way, they have to pay somehow for their companies call centers incompetence !!!!