All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

[Rant] service canada employees

I have been down to service canada in london a few times in the last couple of weeks to take care of some paper work etc.

What I don't understand is does our tax money go to pay these peoples salaries so they can be playing with their cell phones or texting during work hours?

while I was waiting I could see one young girl on the phone and on her iphone texting and smiling.

just a small rant!

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
LOL...

I work in a government office, so one of the girls had to work the front end, with the public, when she is usually in the back in her own office.

So, there she was, big smile on her face, texting on her BlackBerry (non-government issue phone). And they're giving her a promotion too..go figure.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to AnonAnnoyed
that is government work for ya. the pay is high the work is a joke.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to AnonAnnoyed
She must have been on one of her ten 30 minute breaks that they get every 5 hours.

On a more serious note, it is unfortunate that people like that get the job and then get promoted for the right looks and for knowing the right people, while I've seen some, and know some, people who actually work hard, try to go out of their way to help people, and they get in trouble instead...

I'll never understand the work environment when it comes to the government.

Robert
Premium
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL
reply to TOPDAWG
People only remember the bad, and never the good.

Keep stereotyping.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to ekster
said by ekster:

On a more serious note, it is unfortunate that people like that get the job and then get promoted for the right looks and for knowing the right people, while I've seen some, and know some, people who actually work hard, try to go out of their way to help people, and they get in trouble instead...

I know a government worker who got a warning for going into work early on her own time. Because she didn't sit around and engage in idle gossip or socialize with the others she was eventually terminated years later.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to AnonAnnoyed
Meh, I just wonder why anyone thinks that government bureaucracy is any different than a corporate bureaucracy or any other. It's the size of the bureaucracy that makes the most difference, not whether it's public or private. Doesn't anyone around here read Dilbert?
--
"The promoters of the global economy see nothing odd or difficult about unlimited economic growth or unlimited consumption in a limited world."
Wendell Berry

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada
said by Wolfie00:

Meh, I just wonder why anyone thinks that government bureaucracy is any different than a corporate bureaucracy or any other. It's the size of the bureaucracy that makes the most difference, not whether it's public or private. Doesn't anyone around here read Dilbert?

me.... and it's the same. Lazy people are lazy. It does not matter if they work for the private or public sector.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
said by XoX:

Lazy people are lazy. It does not matter if they work for the private or public sector.

Very true, but it's more than just that. It's the fact that large bureaucracies tolerate and encourage waste, reward mindless conformity, punish creativity, and promote incompetence. And it truly doesn't matter if it's the public or private sector. The only thing that's ever saved a bureaucracy is extraordinarily good leadership at the top, and that's incredibly rare and usually doesn't last.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
reply to AnonAnnoyed
Use your iphone/ipod/android/etc to take pictures and video of them "hard a work", post online, watch hilarity ensue.

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada
reply to Wolfie00
said by Wolfie00:

said by XoX:

Lazy people are lazy. It does not matter if they work for the private or public sector.

Very true, but it's more than just that. It's the fact that large bureaucracies tolerate and encourage waste, reward mindless conformity, punish creativity, and promote incompetence. And it truly doesn't matter if it's the public or private sector. The only thing that's ever saved a bureaucracy is extraordinarily good leadership at the top, and that's incredibly rare and usually doesn't last.

quite true saddly