Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

1 recommendation

[HD] G4 to become the Esquire Channel

In its bid for the largely untapped metrosexual viewership, NBCUniversal is set to rebrand G4 channel as the Esquire channel

PaCK Fan

join:2012-01-19
Richmond, VA

Will they still show Cops reruns?? I hope so....

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
kudos:1
reply to FIOS4cable

What a shame. NBC / Comcast destruction of the once-great ZDTV / TechTV complete.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Comcast wasn't kind to G4, but NBC totally destroyed it, as they did the old Sci-Fi channel.

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
reply to PaCK Fan

said by PaCK Fan:

Will they still show Cops reruns?? I hope so....

They're replacing it with a new show called "Crepes" where a camera crew follows men as they cook thin pancakes with various fillings.

Timothy28

join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX
reply to FIOS4cable

How sad, this once was a truly great channel with so much awesome programming. I learned so much about computers from ZDTV/TechTV.

PaCK Fan

join:2012-01-19
Richmond, VA

I miss Martin Sargeant

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA

1 recommendation

reply to knarf829

said by knarf829:

What a shame. NBC / Comcast destruction of the once-great ZDTV / TechTV complete.

QFT! I tried to watch G4 when it switched from TechTV, but it was a shell and not great. I now watch shows on Twit.tv (Leo Laporte's Internet TV station for all intensive purposes). Beats anything that was on G4 by a mile.

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Timothy28

said by Timothy28:

How sad, this once was a truly great channel with so much awesome programming. I learned so much about computers from ZDTV/TechTV.

You and me both. Brings me way back to my first computer and dial up internet. I ate it up. Before long I was taking apart computers, getting certified and actually making some money off these cool things called PCs. All because of TechTv. Stopped watching G4 once I quickly realized it was nothing like its predecessor.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to dmodert66

said by dmodert66:

QFT! I tried to watch G4 when it switched from TechTV, but it was a shell and not great. I now watch shows on Twit.tv (Leo Laporte's Internet TV station for all intensive purposes). Beats anything that was on G4 by a mile.

Thanks. Just added that channel to my Roku. I watch Tekzilla with Patrick Norton on the Revision3 channel. If you watched Leo on Tech TV, then you may remember Patrick.

JH28

@bankofamerica.com

patrick and leo did a show together called The Screensavers, and Patrick often wore a kilt. Watched that show every day. I learned so much from it.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by JH28 :

patrick and leo did a show together called The Screensavers, and Patrick often wore a kilt. Watched that show every day. I learned so much from it.

Yup, I used to watch that all the time when I had DirecTV in the late 90's.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to FIOS4cable

Kevin Perreira I think started on The Screensavers. What you have to remember folks is that all the network heads at G4 and any network are selling television. They don't want the internet as a medium at all. By focusing programming on alternative media, like the web and video games, they were in a sense, making themselves extinct. We know that is a preposterous notion, but these are career-minded buffoons.

Timothy28

join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX
reply to FIOS4cable

I watched it a little bit as G4, but as soon as everyone got fired a few weeks in and the screensavers became attack the show. I stopped immediately.

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA
reply to amarryat

said by amarryat:

said by dmodert66:

Thanks. Just added that channel to my Roku. I watch Tekzilla with Patrick Norton on the Revision3 channel. If you watched Leo on Tech TV, then you may remember Patrick.

Patrick actually does a show on Twit.tv as well. TWiCH (This week in computer hardware). The show is with Ryan Shrout from PC Perspective. Good show. Another great daily show is TNT (Tech News Today). The hosts are Tom Merritt, Iyaz Akhtar, Jason Howell and Sarah Lane (also from TechTV, though she recently moved and is not on as often). They have 1 guest host every week. Today it was Molly Wood (from CNET). I listen to it in my car on my daily hour commute on the way home.

They have a ton of other shows like TWIG (This week in google) and all of the other ones you would expect (shows about Android, Apple, iOS) and even more geeky shows like This Week in Security. Be sure to check it out!

**SORRY FOR OT**