Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

Bombs to Desktop anyone? From MOP Release to 5.1 (Not 5.1a)

Bombs to Desktop with a handy dandy WOW report tool to "send" a error report.
I been experiencing this for weeks now. Deleted WTF and all that crud.
I have taken all addons out of game.
I then added all addons back to game because its not the same without them.

Addon developers cannot seem to keep up with WOW releases. I know its a Hobby type thing for them and not a job like 9 to 5 so they are limited.
I feel that Blizzard should take over or buy out the number one addons out there that you just cannot do without (Recount/DBM/Atlasloot Enhanced/Postal and Auctioneer.)
Honestly do not believe its addon related though.

Has anyone here experienced these Bombs to Desktop. (They are not Hughesnet Related, I do not believe as I have three Systems,(Read Connections not PC's) to test WOW on currently and they all do it)

Symptoms include a stutter and sometimes a Blackout in game like you turned the monitor off, But the cursor is still there and the sound. Jiggle the mouse around and it sometimes fixes it. Othertimes its a transitional loading of objects and it will Bomb.

I have tried running in Windowed Full Screen, Full Screen and Windowed. It does it in all forms.

Alt tabbing seems to trigger the Bomb more then anything else. And there seems to be a couple dungeons that may trigger it to. (The MOP Dungeons in Pandaria mostly. The revamped ones do not do it much.

Also back on Cata launch I experienced this same type thing and others I talked to experienced it.

I was just wondering if any has seen this, since its patch/maintenance day.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
I haven't seen it, and I am running wow on my linux box.

Though until patch 5.1, I did have a "minor" graphics glitch. You open you Character tab, and all you would see was feet. Open the map, and you couldn't see the arrow pointer.
But that's all good now.

quote:
Addon developers cannot seem to keep up with WOW releases. I know its a Hobby type thing for them and not a job like 9 to 5 so they are limited.

Yep, they are. Every time I fire up wow, or minecraft, I think I should donate to the modders/add on makers. But I lack in that kind of cash.
I want to, because they have added to the experience of the game, but it's the lack of funding. I also understand, until they get some decent money, this will be a hobby project, and not an income generator for them.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Tweakbl
Yep. I've been getting hard lock-ups since I switched from a GTX 580 to a Radeon 7970. I would have 1-3 hard lock-ups a night, requiring a reboot.

By reinstalling both WoW and Win7, I have reduced the BSODs to fatal errors where only WoW crashes. I might get 3-4 a week now.

Blizzard's troubleshooting and bug support sucks.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Tweakbl
said by Tweakbl:

I feel that Blizzard should take over or buy out the number one addons out there that you just cannot do without (Recount/DBM/Atlasloot Enhanced/Postal and Auctioneer.)
Honestly do not believe its addon related though.

They sorta have... the new quest tracking/waypoint "hey over here in this area" blue blob has pretty much killed carbonite and other quest tracker stuff. Seriously I never go to Thottbot any more and that used to be my bread and butter for leveling back in Vanilla. It also killed any coord system for quest items.

The "losing threat" "attacking you" and the like annoucements almost make omen and threat trackers obsolete... threat creep at low item levels is the only reason I keep it on on my dps toons. I'll try to help the tank by not pulling aggro outright if i dont know the tank.

Atlas Loot - you can see the loot table from the dungeon journal tab... it even has the different raid sizes and difficulties.

I'd like to see a bagnon/altoholic type addon personally; and one that can see across battle.net accts for tracking heirlooms and crafting mats; maybe even gold and currencies?
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Brom
Let's go Bucs

join:2010-10-26
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to Tweakbl
After MoP launched WoW crashed often for me too. The solution that worked for me was switching from DirectX 11 to DirectX 9. After I did this I haven't had a crash again.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Tweakbl
I should mention a few things.

I run Win XP still. So stuck on DX9.0c ( I believe)

ATI 4600 card

Cata introduced this same type Bombing.

I see threads on the WOW Forums about Moshugan Boss Xin the weapons master making folks Bomb off in his throne room.

Also seeing Loot Window Bombs. Such as the interface option to allow the window to pop open to show loot rolls.

I closed this window out, even though I really dig it, cause I like seeing the rolls and who wins things.
The Bombs did decrease after I unchecked the ticker box.

But I still Bomb, Hell sometimes I am sitting still not moving and I alt tab out to check something in Browser and it will Bomb.

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
said by Tweakbl:

I should mention a few things.

I run Win XP still. So stuck on DX9.0c ( I believe)

ATI 4600 card

Cata introduced this same type Bombing.

I see threads on the WOW Forums about Moshugan Boss Xin the weapons master making folks Bomb off in his throne room.

Also seeing Loot Window Bombs. Such as the interface option to allow the window to pop open to show loot rolls.

I closed this window out, even though I really dig it, cause I like seeing the rolls and who wins things.
The Bombs did decrease after I unchecked the ticker box.

But I still Bomb, Hell sometimes I am sitting still not moving and I alt tab out to check something in Browser and it will Bomb.

Try using a video card driver delete tool (driver sweeper perhaps) reboot, clear all temp files (CCleaner perhaps), reboot, then install latest video card driver, and the latest direct-x (downloadable at Microsoft). Reboot once more and see if that helps.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Tweakbl
I get DAS BOOT about everyother time I report a bg bot. I log back in go to report the next bot and kicked again. Just another annoyance caused by bots

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Goldheart
I use Crap Cleaner pretty regularly. (PC Tech here)

But never thought about Old Video Drivers. I am running the latest for my card though.

At this point all indications point to the client. Will post back after I test 5.1a a little.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Tweakbl
I've had a few issues, but never anything that crashed. Seems like ATI cards have been having the most problems as a whole. Major issue I have is that I lag out and disconnect (no addons) even when my Home MS is 20 and World is 22. That is something that happens quite regularly. I have fios's 25 up and 25 down, so it isn't my connection at all.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
Seems it (Patch 5.1a) has addressed somewhat on the issue.

I am seeing small "Hangs" (Similar to low Framerates) but FPS is good. It will hang at Looting or Loot generation.

I been logged for about 2 hours now doing dailies and it has tried to bomb but not been successful at it yet. (It hangs but then recovers)

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
said by Tweakbl:

Seems it (Patch 5.1a) has addressed somewhat on the issue.

I am seeing small "Hangs" (Similar to low Framerates) but FPS is good. It will hang at Looting or Loot generation.

I been logged for about 2 hours now doing dailies and it has tried to bomb but not been successful at it yet. (It hangs but then recovers)

How is your memory? Have you run a memory test?

Were you able to remove all your old drivers and reinstall latest?

Video card fan running smooth?

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to Cptbeatstix
Goldheart has a good questions. When was the last time you Checked your fans and made sure there wasn't any dust clogging up the vents.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Tweakbl
I have not experienced a single stutter or crash on WoW. I am using an Nvidia card though if people are thinking it may be ATI drivers. Sounds like a video card/driver issue to me.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
said by Dissembled:

I have not experienced a single stutter or crash on WoW. I am using an Nvidia card though if people are thinking it may be ATI drivers. Sounds like a video card/driver issue to me.

Sounds like a WoW compatibility issue, as I have no problem with any other game.

I have memtested all my memory, stress-tested the GPU, tested all my VRAM, stress-tested the CPU, maxed the PSU, reinstalled Windows from scratch, and reinstalled WoW from scratch.

And it still crashes to the desktop (and occasionally brings down the whole rig).
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state
reply to Tweakbl
I have an nVidia card and experience hang up/lock up issues as well on a computer that is only a year old. Win7, up to date drivers.

My kids have older computers with Vista, they have also clogged thier computers up with random games and applications. They have lag fests but no WoW lock ups.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

And it still crashes to the desktop (and occasionally brings down the whole rig).

Build a real computer next time Kris.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Uh huh.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Krisnatharok
Pretty much the same thing you posted here. Done did it all. I do not slack in the tweaking department of my main rig.

Like I say it happened during the initial release of Cata to. Then they smoothed it out.

Also note, instead of just bombing now, it is hanging. Like FPS drops or bottoms out then picks up. Thing is. All settings are set to low.

Another interesting thing is this. I never had issues phasing or zoning into a Dungeon or 5man before. Last night....No bomb but 20 min zone in time and got kicked. AND the dungeon was Moshugan. (The one with all the bug reports)

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Tweakbl
I've had this happen a few times recently, actually. Although I don't know if it's a "crash" in the technical sense of the word. WoW will minimize to the desktop, as if I hit alt+tab. It's still running, I just need to re-maximize it. Strange.

I have an MSI GTX 660.
--
Polluxx - LvL 90 Human Warrior - (US) Nathrezim

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
As far as the aspect of my machine goes. It is running in top notch condition. (Although it was built in 2009 and is getting a bit long in the tooth)

It has 6 fans and a XIGMATEK LOKI tower cooler on it. Runs at a chilly 32C all the time.Speedfan reports 27C currently. That is with Artic Silver Ceramique 2. So heat is not the issue.

Its some of the coolest Air cooled temps I ever achieved on a PC.

Everything else runs smooth on it. So I really think its a Blizzard issue. Truth be told to if it is a bug. Then the more folks that say something about it. The better it is to isolate the trouble and fix it.