All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
nlk10010
join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY

nlk10010 to Greg2600

to Greg2600

Re: [HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

said by Greg2600:

TVG HD makes zero sense. Most of it's programming is old SD-only TV shows. Newer shows such as Curb and Weeds are heavily censored. It's so poorly watched that owner Lionsgate has been trying to sell the network since January.

Verizon swears it adds channels based on customer requests and viewership numbers. This channel fails both tests!

Please. As you know, Verizon lies through its teeth. I can safely say that I will offend no one on these boards (and virtually no one not on these boards) when I echo the sentiments of others that TVG is an absolute waste of an HD slot. The only conclusion one can draw is that Verizon either looks for the cheapest way to add to its "HD lineup" or that this add was necessary in order to get a more popular channel down the road.
Steve3
join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

Steve3

Maybe, with the addition of the TV Guide Channel in HD, it will round out the .TV channels, to have channels no one cares about in HD, and waste space. Hopefully, other channels will be added to compensate.
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

1 edit

Betamax76

TV Guide Channel HD is located on 339 MHz (QAM Channel 43) and is currently the only channel in this slot. The vacancy was created when MAV TV HD (to be dropped January 1, 2013) and Hallmark Movie Channel HD moved to new QAM slots in 3 to 1 channel mapping.

New 3 to 1 channel mappings:
* QAM Ch. 37 (303 MHz): 598 MavTV HD, 696 E! HD, 896 Epix 2 HD
* QAM Ch. 52 (393 MHz): 650 QVC HD, 668 Destination America HD, 739 Hallmark Movie Channel HD

New channel additions:
* QAM Ch. 43 (339 MHz): 694 TV Guide Channel HD

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to nlk10010

to nlk10010
said by nlk10010:

or that this add was necessary in order to get a more popular channel down the road.

I think that's the answer...sometimes providers mandate that certain less popular channels get added in addition to the bigger channels in the license agreement...otherwise smaller channels like TVG HD would find it hard to make deals by themselves