London, ON
kudos:2

Rogers XMas Whatever

Need Lots of Data?

Get a massive 160GB of data for 8 months
Up to 25Mbps download speed

Express Internet

$45.99/mo
For 8 mos. No term contract. Includes all monthly fees and N Gateway Wi-Fi Modem rental.

CALL NOW 1 855 353 6907

»www.rogers.com/web/content/cable···guage=en

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON
But after 8 months: "Regular then-current monthly charges will apply after 8 months and is subject to change. Current regular charges for Express Internet Bundle including enhanced modem rental and optional additional 80GB data is $78.99/mo." LOL!

biznatch11

join:2004-11-21
London, ON
I am 100% interested in this. I have Extreme just for the extra data but I don't actually need 35 mbit/s. Is this open to current customers or just new ones? It doesn't say so I'm guessing current customers can switch to this. And it's no contract so I can cancel at any point if I want?

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
Anyone who is not currently receiving a promo can get this.

Kane Hart

join:2012-11-17
reply to elitefx
This is not a deal a rip off. Why would you pay so much for so little? 160gigs in 2012 Jesus.. Why did I have so much bandwidth in 2000.... Oh right infrastructure was better and its gone backwards :rollseyes:

biznatch11

London, ON
It's a better deal than their normal prices. Why shouldn't someone who's already with Rogers and paying more than this get the deal? Seems like a good idea to me.

Kane Hart

join:2012-11-17
said by biznatch11:

It's a better deal than their normal prices. Why shouldn't someone who's already with Rogers and paying more than this get the deal? Seems like a good idea to me.

Don't forget the upspeed is like half a mbps heh.

biznatch11

London, ON
said by Kane Hart:

Don't forget the upspeed is like half a mbps heh.

It's 2 Mbit/s with Express. But I don't really care about upload speed most of my data is used for streaming Netflix and other video.

biznatch11

London, ON

2 edits
reply to elitefx
I just called Rogers to see about switching from "Extreme" (35 Mbps, 120 GB) to the offer listed here, "Express + 80 GB" (25 Mbps, 160 GB) because I'd rather sacrifice some speed in exchange for a higher monthly cap. The first rep said it was only available for new activations, then asked if I was a student (I am), then transferred me to someone else who seemed to know more. The new person asked if I wanted the "Express + 80 GB" or if I wanted the Extreme version since I'm currently on Extreme. So apparently this offer isn't only available at Express speeds, but she wasn't sure if anything but the Express deal is advertised online. She also said that when people call in about this offer they always ask about the Express one so I'm guessing that's all that's advertised for some reason. I don't know if the Extreme version of this deal was contingent on me being a student, they didn't ask for any proof. The first rep just asked where am I a student and the second rep didn't ask at all.

So now I'm getting the "Extreme + 80 GB" package (35 Mbps, 200 GB) for ~$53 + tax per month which is a lot better than my previous "Extreme" package (35 Mbps, 120 GB) which was ~$78 + tax per month. The fine print on the website and the phone reps all assured me that this is for 8 months with *no contract* ie. I can cancel in 4 months if I want to with no cancellation fee. I'd already paid for the upcoming month so the rep said there should be a partial refund on my next bill. I'll post back if I find any shenanigans with this deal but it seems like a good deal (for Rogers, anyways) and according to the website you only have until December 31 to sign up, although as I found out they often have more deals than what's on their website so I don't know if it for sure isn't available after December 31.

I'm actually surprised how easily they offered this. I didn't say I was going to cancel or that I was unhappy with my service or anything like that. So basically they're giving you another 80 GB on your monthly cap while at the same time reducing the price by about 30% just for calling them up and asking. Assuming there's no fine print that I missed and I'm not going to get screwed over by this deal, I'm a happy customer right now.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
said by biznatch11:

I'm actually surprised how easily they offered this. I didn't say I was going to cancel or that I was unhappy with my service or anything like that. So basically they're giving you another 80 GB on your monthly cap while at the same time reducing the price by about 30% just for calling them up and asking. Assuming there's no fine print that I missed and I'm not going to get screwed over by this deal, I'm a happy customer right now.

This is because this is a regular acquisition offer. Only retention offers require a cancellation threat.

biznatch11

London, ON
said by yyzlhr:

This is because this is a regular acquisition offer. Only retention offers require a cancellation threat.

What's a regular acquisition offer? I was already a customer.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:11
reply to elitefx
»start.ca/services/highspeed
Get Express with a 200GB cap for $39.95.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
reply to elitefx
I'd not likely be approved since I have a 70% discount on cable? Guess it wouldn't hurt to call though.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
said by J E F F:

I'd not likely be approved since I have a 70% discount on cable? Guess it wouldn't hurt to call though.

You'd get it but like all promos, if you want to keep your discount DO NOT switch to a promo, it will remove your existing discount.