All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829 to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable

Re: [HD] G4 to become the Esquire Channel

What a shame. NBC / Comcast destruction of the once-great ZDTV / TechTV complete.
dmodert66
join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA

1 recommendation

dmodert66

said by knarf829:

What a shame. NBC / Comcast destruction of the once-great ZDTV / TechTV complete.

QFT! I tried to watch G4 when it switched from TechTV, but it was a shell and not great. I now watch shows on Twit.tv (Leo Laporte's Internet TV station for all intensive purposes). Beats anything that was on G4 by a mile.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat

said by dmodert66:

QFT! I tried to watch G4 when it switched from TechTV, but it was a shell and not great. I now watch shows on Twit.tv (Leo Laporte's Internet TV station for all intensive purposes). Beats anything that was on G4 by a mile.

Thanks. Just added that channel to my Roku. I watch Tekzilla with Patrick Norton on the Revision3 channel. If you watched Leo on Tech TV, then you may remember Patrick.

JH28
@bankofamerica.com

JH28

Anon

patrick and leo did a show together called The Screensavers, and Patrick often wore a kilt. Watched that show every day. I learned so much from it.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat

said by JH28 :

patrick and leo did a show together called The Screensavers, and Patrick often wore a kilt. Watched that show every day. I learned so much from it.

Yup, I used to watch that all the time when I had DirecTV in the late 90's.
dmodert66
join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA

dmodert66 to amarryat

to amarryat
said by amarryat:

said by dmodert66:

Thanks. Just added that channel to my Roku. I watch Tekzilla with Patrick Norton on the Revision3 channel. If you watched Leo on Tech TV, then you may remember Patrick.

Patrick actually does a show on Twit.tv as well. TWiCH (This week in computer hardware). The show is with Ryan Shrout from PC Perspective. Good show. Another great daily show is TNT (Tech News Today). The hosts are Tom Merritt, Iyaz Akhtar, Jason Howell and Sarah Lane (also from TechTV, though she recently moved and is not on as often). They have 1 guest host every week. Today it was Molly Wood (from CNET). I listen to it in my car on my daily hour commute on the way home.

They have a ton of other shows like TWIG (This week in google) and all of the other ones you would expect (shows about Android, Apple, iOS) and even more geeky shows like This Week in Security. Be sure to check it out!

**SORRY FOR OT**