uniqs

io chico
Premium Member
join:2003-12-30
Marble Falls, TX

io chico

Premium Member

Experiences may vary

My Galaxy Note 2 came with a default setting to always look for and prefer using WiFi over mobile data. I would bet most users leave that setting at default. My previous Sprint Android phone didn't have that preference.

I have a great experience with Sprint and had horrible service with AT&T and can't even get a Verizon signal.

I will stay with Sprint as long as I don't have to be on a skinny data diet.
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon

Yeah, Sprint added a connection manager on newer Android phones that favors WiFi more than default Android. It came out with June phones so that would be one factor for the difference since May.

Also, they are switching Nextel users in droves to CDMA, who may not be heavy data users.

No doubt that iPhone users are hogging the 3G network. It was fine until iPhone came out. The iPhone doesn't have Sprint's connection manager.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Sprint had issues LONG before the iPhone came over. There is a reason Sprint has the most MVNOs. $20,000 gives you access to all you need.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg

said by TBBroadband:

Sprint had issues LONG before the iPhone came over. There is a reason Sprint has the most MVNOs. $20,000 gives you access to all you need.

Bullseye. Sprint has been installing "band aids" aka patches to it's wireless Lucent switches for years. Now, Samsung is running around trying to install LTE equipment (which is disquised as Rel10) but they are doing it little at a time and it's not going as fast as most would like. Sprints biggest hurdle that no one seems to address is backhaul. They had issues with it in 2007 in most markets and even after all the MAN's were completed. Closing down all the iDen sites isn't going to give them that last mile they so desperately need in most markets. Detroit being one. AT&T isn't going to give sprint the light of day and they control that last mile around here.