StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

7 recommendations

Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.135

It's patch Tues and that means... a Flash update.

Get it here.

»www.adobe.com/products/flashplay···on3.html
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

gugarci
Premium
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ
Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

deke40
Premium
join:2003-01-23
Texas
reply to StuartMW
Got it.

Triple Helix
Troll Hunter
Premium
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON
kudos:7
reply to StuartMW
Thanks.

TH

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to StuartMW
Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player
Release date: December 11, 2012
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.110 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh, Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.251 and earlier versions for Linux, Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.27 and earlier versions for Android 4.x, and Adobe Flash Player 11.1.111.24 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and 2.x. These updates address vulnerabilities that could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
»www.adobe.com/support/security/b···-27.html

EmoHobo

join:2010-07-16
I was told by »www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ to update and now when I go to that page it says that 11.5.502.135 or 11.5 r502 as it calls it is oudated.

DelmarPip
Premium
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX
reply to StuartMW
where is the update to internet explorer 10 on windows 8 ?

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
Try looking here. Maybe MS hasn't posted one--yet.

»www.microsoft.com/en-us/download···scending
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
reply to StuartMW
Thanks Stuart.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to StuartMW
Release Notes:
»helpx.adobe.com/en/flash-player/···tes.html
For anyone that might need them.
Thanks for the heads-up, I had forgotten Adobe was now updating only on Patch Tuesdays.

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6
reply to StuartMW
Thanks stuart...

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16
reply to StuartMW
Thanks Stuart.

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
reply to StuartMW
»Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.110

anyone know what flashplayer.xpt is for?

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1
reply to StuartMW
Do you guys install flash over the top? Or uninstall, reboot and then install flash? I assume the internal update installs over the top?

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
I use the un-installer but no reboot

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6
reply to KoRnGtL15
Personally I always use the flash un-installer,and install the new one,then go here to make sure my settings are still intact..»www.macromedia.com/support/docum···ger.html

Edit: no reboot

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
Not sure how or if the uninstaller even works with Windows 8. Since it try's to remove all of flash. Flash is built into Windows 8 and only MS can update it.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
reply to StuartMW
Thanks Stuart.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to StuartMW
Thank you!
Best link ever for obtaining no nonsense installers.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to KoRnGtL15
said by KoRnGtL15:

Not sure how or if the uninstaller even works with Windows 8. Since it try's to remove all of flash. Flash is built into Windows 8 and only MS can update it.

It is NOT builtin to Windows 8. It is builtin to IE 10 which runs on Windows 8. The Adobe installer works just fine for plugin based browsers running on Windows 8. I just installed the plugin version. It is the first plugin version I have installed on Win 8. Interestingly, Flash Settings Manager was defaulted to "never", "no" to all settings except for updates which the installer asks each time how you want to handle. It is interesting that it defaults to privacy on Windows 8 on the first install of Flash plugin.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
I thought MS could only release the flash updates though? Today I got one for IE10 through windows update with Windows 8.

said by Mele20:

said by KoRnGtL15:

It is NOT builtin to Windows 8. It is builtin to IE 10 which runs on Windows 8. The Adobe installer works just fine for plugin based browsers running on Windows 8. I just installed the plugin version. It is the first plugin version I have installed on Win 8. Interestingly, Flash Settings Manager was defaulted to "never", "no" to all settings except for updates which the installer asks each time how you want to handle. It is interesting that it defaults to privacy on Windows 8 on the first install of Flash plugin.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
Yes, only Microsoft can issue updates to Flash that is built into IE 10 on Win 8. My point was perhaps picky, but I think important, and that is that Flash is not built into Windows 8 but built into IE 10 that runs on Win 8. If we were lucky enough to live in EU then many of us would have NO IE on Win 8 and, thus, no "built into Windows 8" Flash Player because of no IE.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to StuartMW
I use Google Chrome so it downloads them when they come out so I'm good.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to KoRnGtL15
said by KoRnGtL15:

Do you guys install flash over the top? Or uninstall, reboot and then install flash? I assume the internal update installs over the top?

I just install over. I never had problems. If I did, then I would do that uninstall, etc.

And I just installed the latest versions yesterday. Yep, I'm late and have been BUSY!
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.