graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf to plencnerb

MVM

to plencnerb

Re: [IPv6] Issues with IPv6 and pfsense

Glad you have it sorted out. You might want to change the Subject of the root post for this to include [SOLVED].

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

said by graysonf:

Glad you have it sorted out. You might want to change the Subject of the root post for this to include [SOLVED].

Went ahead and did that, and modified my OP post as well to indicate what I had to do to fix it.

I am curious though to hear whfsdude See Profile's thoughts on this, as he is the one that said what he uses for that value, and apparently it is working fine for him.

Now the next step I think is to work with the mods to modify NetDog See Profile's thread to put a post that shows the configuration steps / changes that need to be made in this version of pfsense to get it to work. Once that is done, then delete all of the posts and troubleshooting steps from my case, as that configuration has now been confirmed to be working. Thoughts? Kind of like a cleanup / reset on the thread, and get it ready for the next user who comes along with configuration issues for a different piece of hardware.

--Brian

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I doubt they will delete posts or threads, which is why I suggested editing the Subject to include [SOLVED].

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude to plencnerb

Premium Member

to plencnerb
said by plencnerb:

I am curious though to hear whfsdude See Profile's thoughts on this, as he is the one that said what he uses for that value, and apparently it is working fine for him.

Sorry I've been swamped since Monday and haven't had much time to look at threads. Glad you figured it out.

I was using DHCP6 w/track interface up until two weeks ago when I moved to all static configurations.

I wonder if it's a regression in their code. »lists.pfsense.org/piperm ··· 831.html

plencnerb
Premium Member
53403-1242

plencnerb to graysonf

Premium Member

to graysonf
They probably won't, it was just a suggestion.

Maybe what I am thinking of is more along the lines of a FAQ for IPv6. NetDog's thread could be the "work area" so to speak for the FAQ. We take the first first post as kind of the starting point for the FAQ, and then as people post their different routers and configurations, and we all work together to get them up and running, the FAQ then is modified to include a section for a specific hardware.

--Brian

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

FAQ, good idea. Feel free to get started anytime

plencnerb
Premium Member
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

You know, I would if I knew how to start!

If anything, I would have no problems putting together the section on configuration for pfsense.

--Brian

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Go to the Comcast FAQ page here: »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ

Contact one of the Editors on the upper right side via Instant Message. I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog to plencnerb

Premium Member

to plencnerb
said by plencnerb:

Now the next step I think is to work with the mods to modify NetDog See Profile's thread to put a post that shows the configuration steps / changes that need to be made in this version of pfsense to get it to work. Once that is done, then delete all of the posts and troubleshooting steps from my case, as that configuration has now been confirmed to be working. Thoughts? Kind of like a cleanup / reset on the thread, and get it ready for the next user who comes along with configuration issues for a different piece of hardware.

--Brian

how about a thread that just has the how-to? I have been thinking about writing a How-to for each of the routers and devices that I know about.. Thinking and on paper are two different things .. I have been working on a Juniper router\switch as of late so it has been taking my spare time.