spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Endbringer
join:2012-10-07
Fishers, IN

Endbringer

[BC] Illidan

planning on attempting a solo run on Illidan after a few LFR tonite...is this possable or are there parts where you have to have a few ppl? kind of like the gunship in ICC

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Endbringer:

planning on attempting a solo run on Illidan after a few LFR tonite...is this possable or are there parts where you have to have a few ppl? kind of like the gunship in ICC

You need more people or a class that can break fears for Reliquary of Souls, you can get into an infnite loop there.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t

I soloed all of BT 2 days ago. The entire place is easily soloable. I am pretty certain that no boss ever got me below 80% HP. This was on my monk btw.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius to Endbringer

to Endbringer
Soloed this on my Druid the other night, pretty easy. Started to solo Naxx and got one wing down. Fights were long do Boss HP pool but not hard.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Jobbie

to Jobbie
They adjusted a lot of boss mechanics in older raids to make them more soloable. I'm thinking about taking my warlock into Kara and BT this week. Figure affliction with the improved demon grimoire on the blueberry should be fine.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I don't think RoS was included in that fix. I think is worth to go take a look.

I am going tonight for that damn Bulwark.

Feralmordius

Feralmordius

RoS still fears you but it doesn't start spamming it if you miss an interrupt. My biggest issue was I didn't have a dispel so I took a lot of damage on that fight. However I was able to self heal thru it in guardian speck.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Endbringer

to Endbringer
I wasn't able to solo the 2nd to last fight where there are four bosses all standing up on the dais due to the continuous healing. It could just be that I don't know the fight mechanics though. Some level 60 was polling the trade channel for someone to take him through it so I volunteered since I had never been through it before. He led the way and I killed everything.

On this particular fight though, it was a complete stand-off. I couldn't kill them and they couldn't kill me. I was in Destro form for the fight (cuz I LOVE going through the old raids and pulling huge mobs with the syphon life spell (that I can't remember the name of). Maybe I could have taken them in Aff but I didn't get the chance because while I was in the endless stand-off with them, the lvl 60 guy recruited a monk to come help us.

Regarding Naxx, I tried this old raid for the first time over the turkey day break also. I was able to solo all the wings except the one with the giant spider who webbed me against a wall while my minion continued to thrash her. I called out from the web to my minion to disengage JUST FOR ONE SECOND to come slash the webs off of me, but he was too caught up in the moment and ignored me. I was forced to watch him ultimately be defeated. Nothing is a worse torture than having to helplessly watch the death of your loved ones right in front of you.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

The patch notes have RoS casting fear on a 15s CD (was 0s).
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Endbringer

to Endbringer
RoS isn't that bad unless you were a warrior with second wind

Have been soloing it for a few weeks to get my monk glaives. RoS is doable by popping my zuen tiger and watchiing as the boss tries to shock it. If your a brew master it would do the same thnig to your statue making it cheese mode.

The only boss I had the slightest amount of trouble(read I actually wiped once) was Council as when I used touch of death on the priest the council all sat 1 hp and would not die. (I know that they will sit at 1% until the next heal is interrupted at times) They literally sat at 1 hp for over a minute until I said F it ill kill them with out touch of death and they fell over.
Kltpzyxm
join:2009-04-30
Rochester, NY

Kltpzyxm to Endbringer

to Endbringer
I solo'd BT on a Balance Druid (Kltpzyxm - Thunderhorn)

Reliquary of Souls did not fear spam me so it was a fairly easy fight.

The Council was a long fight, but only because of the healing, as others have said. I focused on Gathios and Veras, eventually dragging them halfway up the stairs behind their starting position.

Illidan was easy, but there is a chance to die if you do not handle the 2 elementals correctly. Choose one of the Glaives and stand by it. When they spawn, kill the one farthest away from you first. The farther away from their spawning point they get, the harder they hit.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

said by Jobbie:

The patch notes have RoS casting fear on a 15s CD (was 0s).

Oh wow totally missed that, that is just awesome. Thanks for the clarification.

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777 to Endbringer

to Endbringer
As many people have already stated, BT is now soloable. I used to struggle every week trying to find a few people to help me (I am obsessed with the Bulwark), so I was more than thrilled for this change.

Prior to the fix, trying to solo reliquary on my warrior...LOL. Spirit shock spam + warrior second wind left me trapped in an infinte loop of stun lock. I actually had to log out, because I couldnt do anything, but the boss also couldnt kill me.

Oh, and I finally got my bulwark once this changed dropped.

Feralmordius

Feralmordius to Endbringer

to Endbringer
Yeah I used to farm this before MoP for the Bulwark for my Pally. Of course first time in their with my druid guess what drops, yep the Bulwark.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Endbringer

to Endbringer
I solo'd it as a BM hunter trying to get the T6 gear. That healer was a damn pain in the a hole.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Endbringer

Premium Member

to Endbringer
Do you think a shadow priest (or disc smiting) can solo tier 5? I want my holy transmog...

Braincramp2
join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR

1 edit

Braincramp2

I soloed Marrowgar on Monday as shadow. I dont think t5 should be much of a problem. I cannot recall all of the fights though.

*edit spelling--typing after being up all night is apparently hard

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

What do you do when you are bone-spiked?

Braincramp2
join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2

You do not get bone-spiked. I am guessing they made it similar to some of the mind control fights, where if you do not have a certain amount of players it will not MC you.

Also I put in one attempt on Lady Death Whisper, ignored all the adds and got through her mana shield and took her to around 45% before it just got to be too much.

The trash leading up to Marrowgar can be tricky if you set off the traps and get the big guys(silence sucks)
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

I soloed most of it - I ended up bringing in a resto druid for Council (on my hunter), they tended to stomp on my pet for some reason, and then chew me up. For the first boss I just dismissed my pet and tanked the boss myself - that got rid of the spine mechanic. I managed to finish a full set of T6 (including the Sunwell pieces + Sunwell non-legendary bow) in two tries.

BG5150
join:2008-08-14
New York, NY

BG5150 to Endbringer

to Endbringer
What kind of gear do you need to solo the BC raids?

I have a lvl 87 Prot Pally. Will that do?
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

You should be perfectly fine. I solo'd BC content back in Cata as a prot warrior. Honestly though, you should go Ret so the runs would go faster for you.

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to BG5150

to BG5150
said by BG5150:

What kind of gear do you need to solo the BC raids?

I have a lvl 87 Prot Pally. Will that do?

Agreed with Cptbeatstix, you should be fine. I recently solo'ed Vault of Archavon (Wrath raid in Wintergrasp) on my L90 BM hunter, only one of the bosses (storm one, IIRC) was remotely tricky. A L87 with decent gear should be able to solo most BC raid content.

Endbringer
Fishers, IN

1 edit

Endbringer

solo'd it last night...took 3+ hours, most trouble i had was pulling to much trash and getting stunned to much from it but i never died - BE DK Blood ilvl 474
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
How I did it on my BM hunter was to save BW when he charges one of the adds. Burn it and then burn him. Rinse and repeat. The Turtles make fantastic group tanks as well =D.

Endbringer
Fishers, IN

Endbringer

tired this again last night on my 87 SV Hunter...want the bow and some tier set, the trash was hard do to my ape not holding enough agro...think there was a problem with his taunt??? but i got to the first boss and couldnt down it because he kept cocoon'd and he just owned me once i got cc'd...dont remember this happening on my DK...any advice guys? i did have RL friend with me and he is 70 but not sure if that was the problem

thanks in advance

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

Pets generally cannot taunt raid bosses. My Xuen was not taunting when I went in just now with my BrM Monk. If you're doing enough DPS, his bubble is nothing to worry about. Most likely you got spiked, and your pet isn't able to unspike you (which also break the bubble).

Suniojii
join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

Suniojii to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Do you think a shadow priest (or disc smiting) can solo tier 5? I want my holy transmog...

I soloed my tier 5 stuff the other day as Destro. Downed everything in SSC but Warlord (one shot fight mechanic vs casters) and Lurker (need 300 fishing). I then soloed the eye in Tempest Keep. All pretty easy. I got all my tier pieces except one, so i just bought it off Area 52 vendor.

Endbringer
Fishers, IN

Endbringer

can we skip the first boss?
Cptbeatstix
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Endbringer

to Endbringer
It cocooned because there were 2 targets available. Same thing with Marrowgar and bone spikes. Get a Turtle and just MD on CD. Should be a glyph to reset the MD CD if cast on the pet.