Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BG5150

join:2008-08-14
New York, NY
reply to Endbringer

Re: [BC] Illidan

What kind of gear do you need to solo the BC raids?

I have a lvl 87 Prot Pally. Will that do?

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
You should be perfectly fine. I solo'd BC content back in Cata as a prot warrior. Honestly though, you should go Ret so the runs would go faster for you.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to BG5150
said by BG5150:

What kind of gear do you need to solo the BC raids?

I have a lvl 87 Prot Pally. Will that do?

Agreed with Cptbeatstix, you should be fine. I recently solo'ed Vault of Archavon (Wrath raid in Wintergrasp) on my L90 BM hunter, only one of the bosses (storm one, IIRC) was remotely tricky. A L87 with decent gear should be able to solo most BC raid content.

Endbringer

join:2012-10-07
Fishers, IN

1 edit
reply to Endbringer
solo'd it last night...took 3+ hours, most trouble i had was pulling to much trash and getting stunned to much from it but i never died - BE DK Blood ilvl 474

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to Caelharrad
How I did it on my BM hunter was to save BW when he charges one of the adds. Burn it and then burn him. Rinse and repeat. The Turtles make fantastic group tanks as well =D.

Endbringer

Fishers, IN
reply to Endbringer
tired this again last night on my 87 SV Hunter...want the bow and some tier set, the trash was hard do to my ape not holding enough agro...think there was a problem with his taunt??? but i got to the first boss and couldnt down it because he kept cocoon'd and he just owned me once i got cc'd...dont remember this happening on my DK...any advice guys? i did have RL friend with me and he is 70 but not sure if that was the problem

thanks in advance

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
Pets generally cannot taunt raid bosses. My Xuen was not taunting when I went in just now with my BrM Monk. If you're doing enough DPS, his bubble is nothing to worry about. Most likely you got spiked, and your pet isn't able to unspike you (which also break the bubble).
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Do you think a shadow priest (or disc smiting) can solo tier 5? I want my holy transmog...

I soloed my tier 5 stuff the other day as Destro. Downed everything in SSC but Warlord (one shot fight mechanic vs casters) and Lurker (need 300 fishing). I then soloed the eye in Tempest Keep. All pretty easy. I got all my tier pieces except one, so i just bought it off Area 52 vendor.

Endbringer

Fishers, IN
reply to Endbringer
can we skip the first boss?

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to Endbringer
It cocooned because there were 2 targets available. Same thing with Marrowgar and bone spikes. Get a Turtle and just MD on CD. Should be a glyph to reset the MD CD if cast on the pet.

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Endbringer
On a similar note, with the new solo abilities? Will the final boss in Serpentshire be soloable now? I took down Magtheridon (sp) the other night on a ret pally and never got below 70% health.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to Endbringer
Supposedly they nerfed them. Twin Emps are still instant healing each other......