grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to TexasRebel

to TexasRebel

Re: Gen4 and web acceleration

said by TexasRebel:

I'm waiting for confirmation of Verizon HomeFusion LTE in my area and once I get confirmation, HNG4 is going bye bye for me...

Do you understand that if you don't cancel service with the first 30 days - and return the required hardware at your own expense - that you've committed to a 24 month contractual obligation?

//greg//
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

Oh I know all about that contract crap. I'll be switching my payment to a refillable debit CC. When I'm ready to ditch HNG4, they can keep charging an empty debit account.

I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a service that can't deliver what they advertise. I've already filed a complaint with the BBB. Still waiting for HN to respond. They either give me the service level I'm paying for with little to no service interruptions, or they cancel my contract without any termination fees.

$117 a month for PowerMax and I'm getting the basic Power plan is ridiculous!!! From what I've seen, I don't think anyone has seen 15Mbps consistently. I'm lucky if I reach 11Mbps, which is rare. I'm getting short changed from a difference of 4-8Mbps down and 200Kbps-1Mbps up.

contracts for satellite are nothing more than a scam. When a subscriber cancels, the company will get 90% of their hardware back, which involves the TRIA and modem. These components are then reissued to another sucker.. I mean subscriber.

I made the statement multiple times... Why is Exede reaching 18+Mbps down and 3-4.5Mbps up, yet HNG4 can't?!? Both use the same effin satellite builds.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

HughesNet has an A+ rating with the BBB.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

3 edits

grohgreg to TexasRebel

to TexasRebel
said by TexasRebel:

I made the statement multiple times... Why is Exede reaching 18+Mbps down and 3-4.5Mbps up, yet HNG4 can't?!? Both use the same effin satellite builds.

And I answered, but I thought once should be enough. Satellite build has NOTHING do do with it. Hughes has learned from past mistakes by letting lightly loaded gateways give full speed to all connected. But this is shared bandwidth; as connections increased in numbers, speed per connection dropped. Customers screamed because they "weren't getting the same speeds as when they first signed up". So despite the fact that it was a new service with plenty of bandwidth, Hughes decided to limit all new Gen4 customers to (up to) plan speeds.

ViaSat on the other hand, is following the old Hughes approach. If you'll note, they're only advertising a 12 meg service. Folks are getting 18 because the servers are as yet relatively unpopulated. As their gateways fill up, early adopters will start screaming; "where's that 18 down and 4.5 up that I used to get !?!?!"

Good luck when the collection agency starts start calling by the way..

//greg//
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to TexasRebel

to TexasRebel
You do realize they do NOT have to respond to the BBB right? And the BBB can NOT make them do anything. If they're a member of the BBB, don't look for anything to happen.

Also your Internet is "up to". And by the comment of being out the activation fee you didn't read the TOS/AUP or contract before?
TexasRebel
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel to grohgreg

to grohgreg
let the collection agency call.. I've got a couple on blacklist as it is.. I'm not paying for service I'm not getting or using anymore, just because of a contract when the company that writes up the contract is too lame to just give people what they are paying for, instead they use lawyer speak to Cover Their Asses..

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

said by TexasRebel:

let the collection agency call.. I've got a couple on blacklist as it is.

Ok, that pretty much says it all. It's clear there's no more point in wasting time on this topic.

//greg//
TexasRebel
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

people that bring up the contract terms, etc. and believe they are reasonable are the same people that never drive over the speed limit. in most cases they drive below the damn speed limit.

be a good corporate citizen, while they bend you over the barrel and ram you with that big red, white and blue phallic instrument.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

said by TexasRebel:

be a good corporate citizen, while they bend you over the barrel and ram you with that big red, white and blue phallic instrument.

OR
exercise a little personal responsibility, to include resisting impulse buys.
Short version; read before you sign.

//greg//
TexasRebel
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

I already knew about the contract line of BS. There's simply no need to make customers sign a contract for 2 years and require them to pay for a sub standard level of service.

The technology works well if it's not purposely crippled due to what a group of executives thinks how it should perform.

I would have stayed with Exede12, but it wasn't my choice. Some jackoff in legal didn't like my verbal tirade towards the company when they started enforcing the DAP and then claiming that LNFZ (Late Night Free Zone) never used up data in your plan, when it actually did.

HNG4 should be set to deliver wide open throughput and the data caps should be like what is on Cable/DSL. When EchoStar 17 reaches 90% capacity, put another high bandwidth satellite up. Necessity is the mother of all invention and innovation.

Hell with the money that AT&T and Verizon makes, they could've
parked a dozen of these high bandwidth sats in orbits and still made
quite a profit in the long run.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

Ok, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I usually stick to the technical stuff, but latched on to this because of the pernicious posturing. I'll part by saying; increasingly common attitudes like "it's not my fault and "they owe it to me" have become quite dismaying.

//greg//