uniqs
globus9991
join:2004-11-14
Argelia

globus9991 to Samgee

to Samgee

Re: Why is Tek still keeping logs???

said by Samgee:

They are not required to keep logs for copyright alone. There are other illegal ways to use the internet that law enforcement has requested this information be retained. And it should be, and it should be available to law enforcement through court order with evidence showing wrong doing.

Excuse me but: "law enforcement has requested this information be retained", who *exactly* is "law enforcement"????

If it is just cops, then it is NOT *legally* binding. Tek does NOT have to log. They are simply co-operating voluntarily. They DO NOT have to log anything.

If I am mistaken, the please produce the law or its regulations pointing at mandatory logs.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by globus9991:

Tek does NOT have to log. They are simply co-operating voluntarily. They DO NOT have to log anything.

You said you're not a lawyer, so how can you make such a definite claim in regards to all of the laws on the books that could relate to this?
globus9991
join:2004-11-14
Argelia

globus9991

said by bt:

said by globus9991:

Tek does NOT have to log. They are simply co-operating voluntarily. They DO NOT have to log anything.

You said you're not a lawyer, so how can you make such a definite claim in regards to all of the laws on the books that could relate to this?

Because I have been dealing with similar laws in an IT environment for... uh... 20 or so years. All the information I have at hand indicates that they DO NOT have to log. Again, they have retained counsel. Was this question posed to counsel and what *exactly* was the answer? If Tek is *so* transparent then I see no reason not to post such answer publicly. It is certainly NOT financially-sensitive information. To the contrary, it can be quite financially rewarding having Tek publicly declare that they will keep no logs and hence *really* protecting their customers.