dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
pittpete1
join:2009-06-12

pittpete1

Re: Slow speeds every night

Looks like my persistence is paying off......
Progress being made

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------

Good morning Peter,

Well there IS a light for you and our other customers in your area. My tech verified we can upgrade a

DS1 to a DS3 – to split between the 2 shelves in the Greenhaven remote. However – this will not happen

Overnight – as we have to find a seller for the DS3 uplink cards for the Lucent equipment. Our engineer

Is working on that today and will have date. We (my tech) then has to do some major rewiring in both

Our Hopewell office and the remote for this to work – then work with our Data group to share the traffic.

Once I have a date for the card delivery – I will have a better idea - .

Thanks again for your patience,

Gail
Bonka
join:2002-12-05
Tamaqua, PA

1 edit

Bonka

4:10pm on a Tuesday and I'm already experiencing packet loss. Colleges letting out is already making this worse. It may be time to try out the cable company for a month and see how that runs.

Frontier is a complete joke.
pittpete1

pittpete1

Bonk, have you contacted the techs manager?
Thats who I'm getting all my info from and by the looks of making headway.
Document the emails is all I can say.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to Bonka

MVM

to Bonka
said by Bonka:

4:10pm on a Tuesday and I'm already experiencing packet loss. Colleges letting out is already making this worse. It may be time to try out the cable company for a month and see how that runs.

Frontier is a complete joke.

Makes you wonder how the colleges handle the data used by students and still manage to pull close to a Gigabit to the Internet at any time of the day

@pittpete1: Oh man, a DS1. Good riddance for that once it goes to DS3. Glad to hear you're getting somewhere now!
pittpete1

pittpete1

So DS1 meaning this remote is fed with copper T1's?
plat2on1
join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY

plat2on1 to pittpete1

to pittpete1
sounds like the hardware is so far out of production they have to go hunting down a seller. that's always a good sign lol
pittpete1

pittpete1

right plat..
antiquation
Bonka
join:2002-12-05
Tamaqua, PA

Bonka

Well, I haven't heard anything in over a week now, so I guess I'm calling the cable company Monday to see about trying them out to see if it would be worth dumping the DSL. Price should be roughly the same and the advertised speeds are 12/1, or 20/2 with tv/phone/internet bundle, vs the 4/.77 I'm getting now, plus no annual contract. Assuming it's stable and close to the advertised speeds, Frontier can kiss my ass goodbye.

It's been at least a month now that I've been experiencing issues, and sadly I think it's been going on longer than that, I just didn't notice it as much and never looked in to the ping and traceroute testing that blatantly shows there is a problem. I should be paying a heavily reduced rate for the service I've been getting.
MrBubbaHyde
join:2010-02-25
Shavertown, PA

MrBubbaHyde

said by Bonka:

Well, I haven't heard anything in over a week now, so I guess I'm calling the cable company Monday to see about trying them out to see if it would be worth dumping the DSL. Price should be roughly the same and the advertised speeds are 12/1, or 20/2 with tv/phone/internet bundle, vs the 4/.77 I'm getting now, plus no annual contract. Assuming it's stable and close to the advertised speeds, Frontier can kiss my ass goodbye.

I Envy you! Wish I could do that...I came from Comcast to frontier,
At the time I had Comcast I had...
20 mbps Down
Every Movie Channel
3 HD DVRs with On Demand (Ya Know actual on demand! lol)
3D Channels
Phone w/ absolutely no calling charges
Total bill, approx 200.00

Now Frontier...
Barely 1.0 mbps at any time
1 Movie Channel
2 HD DVRS, (shared so there are conflicts all the time)
No 3D channels
Phone That has horrible feedback, or delay, or can't hear.
Total bill 232.00 (Because its never right)

Im actually starting to think about moving to get away from this service, How sad is that!