All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Inate
@shawcable.net

Inate to kevinds

Anon

to kevinds

Re: Basic cable - rep say digital box required... Huh?

The $41 price is with the digital cable box rental($3.95) and taxes.

A lot of places have gone under a total digital upgrade, which means that you cannot access the analog signal any longer as they are only pushing digital in that area.
ErikRP
join:2004-11-06
Winnipeg, MB

ErikRP

It was my impression that the areas that were getting the upgrade to 250Mbps service were ones that had moved to all digital or mostly all digital subscribers. I think that's why the transition is taking longer than anticipated, surprisingly not everyone wants to pay for a digital box if they are getting a perfectly good analog signal now.
analog andy
join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC

analog andy to Inate

to Inate
said by Inate :

A lot of places have gone under a total digital upgrade, which means that you cannot access the analog signal any longer as they are only pushing digital in that area.

I'm still get up to channel 27 (Surrey area) but I guess I'd better start building that OTA antenna and get Netflix/Hulu ready. Got the living room HTPC all ready
analog andy

analog andy to Inate

to Inate
said by Inate :

But the first digital box rental is suppose to be free.