berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to I AM

Re: [NFL] Week 15 Games Discussion

Don't wanna jinx. It's all one game at a time. Just a casual follower, I will say Harbaugh is a top-notch coach who makes a difference. The D is at the top of the NFL. Gore continues to prove me wrong wrt my concerns about his age. There is a lot of new and old talent on that team. Injuries always play a role and Akers can lose/has lost games single-footedly. Looks like he's always pushing the FG kick, recently. Maybe he can prove me wrong.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Akers has been doing it for years. Last game as an Eagles in 2010 he did it

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

It'd be great for AP to break the single season rushing record this year.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

The SF vs NE last was a classic.
The AFC winner is the Broncos. If they can win out against Cleveland and KC they become the No 2 seed. If they meet NE in the play offs it will be in the friendly confines of Mile High. I still feel they can beat Houston at their Home.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

The Rams didn't put up much of a fight. Which is sad because the current record holder was a Ram and he asked them before the game to defend his record.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3

said by footballdude:

said by I AM:

The Rams didn't put up much of a fight. Which is sad because the current record holder was a Ram and he asked them before the game to defend his record.

The old 'win one for the Gipper' syndrome, eh? So what happens now that the Gip didn't get his?
Did the Rams intentionally dis Dickerson, give him the old up-yer-rooti bub, laughing and pointing every time Petersen ripped off another run?
Oh, the pitfalls of the 'Gipper' syndrome . . .

St. Louis Rams aren't the same team as the L.A. Rams anyway, just like the Baltimore Ravens aren't the Cleveland Browns.

If Dickerson wants his record to stay so badly, he should've rushed for more yards. Go, Adrian.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 recommendation

reply to Moorecards

I ate breakfast with the Patriots.

We had turnovers.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Moorecards

So how many of us here are excited about the Monday Night game, Jets at Titans?

Yeah, me neither.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

I hope he breaks it. To come back from a severe injury and then break the single-season rushing record would be awesome.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Moorecards

Stat shown on Screen: C. Johnson 7 runs for 10 yards.
Next play: C. Johnson 94 yard TD run.

letsgojets

pro7070
BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
Premium
join:2002-06-28
Inman, SC
reply to Moorecards

Jesus Christ Sanchez is terrible. I thought Tony Romo was a loser but this guy makes him look like a champion. They should have benched him after the 2nd turnover. 4 int's and a fumble. They deserve to lose as long as he plays. Hell Tebow may not be spectacular but he can at least hold on to the ball.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

In any other circumstances I'd say he wasn't that bad.
But holy shit did he play like crap tonight.
He was throwing ugly passes all night, completions, incompletions, and interceptions.
2 minutes to go, ball inside the 25, and he throws an interception.
Then, as if a gift from God, they get the ball back at the 25 yard line and Sanchez fumbles the snap. Wow.

And the Jets are going to give him 8+ million next season?
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Moorecards

Rexy looked like he was going to cry/puke in a "I'm going to lose my job" kinda way.

That was the worst game I've seen in ______.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to berserken

I know that I'm very much in the minority with my opinion but Harbaugh really made a very bad decision in replacing Smith with Kaepernick this year at this time. Kaepernick is going to cost them in the playoffs/SB. They will not win it. They had a better chance to do so this year with Smith. Eventually Kaepernick may absolutely prove to be a real elite QB but despite good stats he makes a lot of mistakes of the kind that will cost him--especially in the "bad" interception department. Frankly I am amazed at how many mistakes he makes not only in the bad interceptions category as opposed to just the number of interceptions but also the number of poor choices of the types of pass, (trajectory/touch/air under--not accuracy per se) to throw on certain plays or routes of his receivers.

Akers is a mystery. At times, for a long time there actually he looked super but he is clearly struggling big time. He is probable this week with a pelvis injury. A pelvis injury definitely has to affect his kicking.

Smith will be gone next year but if he goes to a good team that needs a QB and has a good coaching staff he will shine.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Rook008

What were they thinking when they get Sanchez that contract? OH yeah to make him happy because they talked to Peyton. That was a bad sign arleady.

berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Blogger

Harbaugh inherited Smith and coached the team to the first Division Title since 2002, the first NFC Championship since 1997. He chose Kaepernick. Smith is good but has flaws. He seems to freeze under pressure and makes mistakes, too. He plays on a very good team with a good coaching staff already. He has done well but is concussed, which can represent an additional vulnerability. Kaepernick doesn't have all the experience but he appears to me to have all the skills and an additional resourcefulness when the going gets tough. Barring injury, he will get better. A very good coach has decided. We'll see.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to AB

said by AB:

Did the Rams intentionally dis Dickerson

The Rams controlled the run pretty well for most of the game, but Peterson ripped off two long (50+ yard) runs that blew up the stat sheet, then added to his totals in garbage time. On the 84 yard TD, the Rams were in some weird sort of pass defense where the defensive line dropped back in coverage and Peterson just said, "Cool!" and blew through the line. Why they would call a D like that on first down is beyond me.

said by Blogger:

I know that I'm very much in the minority with my opinion but Harbaugh really made a very bad decision in replacing Smith with Kaepernick this year at this time. Kaepernick is going to cost them in the playoffs/SB

Wasn't Smith leading the NFC in passer rating? On a first place team? I really don't see why someone would replace a QB mid season when the guy was performing like that. Kaepernick single handedly gave away the second Rams game. Very few rookie QBs win playoff games.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

said by footballdude:

Very few rookie QBs win playoff games.

Unless they are Mark Sanchez!!!

With Smith I don't see a way they score 41 against the Pats. Their defense is great but they have to be able to put up points against teams like the Pats, Green Bay, etc. Gutsy call by Harbaugh and the story isn't finish yet. He'll either look like real smart or not so smart.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to Moorecards

I don't see how it was only 10-14 with all those turnovers.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

1 recommendation

He didn't bench him when he cost the Jets a playoff spot in 2011.
He didn't bench him when Greg McElroy bailed him out against Arizona.
He didn't bench him when he threw four interceptions against the Titans with a playoff spot potentially on the line.
This time, enough is enough. Rex Ryan should be fired for his stubborn refusal to bench Mark Sanchez.
There simply isn't an excuse this time. The defense was excellent. The Titans did everything in their power to hand the Jets the game. An excellent special teams play put the Jets in position to win.
But Sanchez still single-handedly managed to lose the game, and Ryan has to pay for that.
Great teams explore every possible avenue of improvement. Look at the San Francisco 49ers, quarterback wasn't an issue, but when Jim Harbaugh saw an opportunity to improve with Colin Kaepernick, he took it and hasn't looked back.
--
Why is the time of Day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6

said by capdjq:

He didn't bench him when he threw four interceptions against the Titans with a playoff spot potentially on the line.
This time, enough is enough. Rex Ryan should be fired for his stubborn refusal to bench Mark Sanchez.
There simply isn't an excuse this time. The defense was excellent. The Titans did everything in their power to hand the Jets the game. An excellent special teams play put the Jets in position to win.
But Sanchez still single-handedly managed to lose the game, and Ryan has to pay for that.

Yep

»Re: [NFL] Week 12 Games Discussion

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

said by Blogger:

I know that I'm very much in the minority with my opinion but Harbaugh really made a very bad decision in replacing Smith with Kaepernick this year at this time. Kaepernick is going to cost them in the playoffs/SB

Wasn't Smith leading the NFC in passer rating? On a first place team? I really don't see why someone would replace a QB mid season when the guy was performing like that. Kaepernick single handedly gave away the second Rams game. Very few rookie QBs win playoff games.

Yes, he had QB rating of 114 and in an area or football performance player statistic that I personally consider extremely important and one the single biggest predictor of success, yards per passing attempt he was tied with Peyton Manning with the lead in the NFL at 8.0 yards. That's higher than Brady, Brees, Eli, Rodgers, and, well I could go on but you get the picture.

Funny since Kaepernick took over the team has been less successful and have struggled in winning games.

Oh well, time will tell for this year very shortly.

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to Moorecards

Sanchez benched...McElroy named starting QB.

»www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/···FSq3DOnH

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..

said by sailor:

Sanchez benched...McElroy named starting QB.

»www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/···FSq3DOnH

What's the cost per square foot of bench to accommodate Sanchez's salary and butt?

The guy has physical talent. He played one season of college ball and then against the advice of his coach, Pete Carroll at USC, he jumped to the NFL despite telling Pete the night before after a sit down to discuss to stay at USC or go for the draft, Pete left with the understanding that Sanchez told him he would follow Pete's advice and return to the USC. The next day Pete found out the opposite from the media.

Then Sanchez goes to one of the worse team that a young and very inexperienced QB could go to, the Jets. They promptly prove that with their first move regarding Sanchez by tossing him to the wolves as a starter. They then reinforced their decision to have him learn the game from a group of coaches and surrounding players, the former more important than the latter, that are not the group you want to backup and teach your rookie QB.

The results were predictable. Sanchez's only chance as an individual to be a successful solid NFL QB is to go to a different team. Even then he may or may not succeed. But he will never succeed with the Jets and playing in New York.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to sailor

It's about time.
The Jets don't have the players to make Tebow effective at what he does well.
Sanchez just isn't playing to his potential.
McElroy is the best option. And we need to see what he can do with the team in his hands.

Unless you're last name is Manning, 3 interceptions means you should get pulled in favor of the next guy in line. Sanchez got to four and then stayed in to fumble the game away. I just don't get it.
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

But Trent Dilfer said all the QB's would give their cheezeburger to Sanchez because he's a ALPHA DOG! We need an ALPHA DOG TOO LEAD!!!! =/

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to sailor

said by sailor:

said by capdjq:

Yep

I'll 2nd that one. time to shake things up. If Sanchez is not gone for next season, I'm burning all my paraphernalia .
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

Unless you're last name is Manning, 3 interceptions means you should get pulled in favor of the next guy in line. Sanchez got to four and then stayed in to fumble the game away. I just don't get it.

Or Brees who threw 5 Int against the Falcons.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Or Matt Ryan who threw 5 INT's against the Cardinals......but still won!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

1 recommendation

Or Tony Romo who threw 5 Int's in his bye week!