Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
reply to silbaco

Re: Hughes Gen4 is a FRAUD

it's not on the satellite, it's at the damn gateways and web acceleration servers. There's no way in hell that EchoStar 17 has reached capacity on any of the beams. I seriously doubt that they have 15,000+ subs on any of the beams. Probably only a couple thousand max on any beam.

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by TexasRebel:

There's no way in hell that EchoStar 17 has reached capacity on any of the beams. I seriously doubt that they have 15,000+ subs on any of the beams. Probably only a couple thousand max on any beam.

Not true
In southern Az they aren't installing anymore Gen4s
Beam loaded

C0RR0SIVE88

@direcway.com

Not possible... Are you sure that particular beam isn't just screwed up? No way in hell any beam is already peaked unless they essentially sold an entire beam to one or two huge customers....

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to TexasRebel

Lets just assume that its all overloading, if it is then why not make it more powerful?
If its the people whos working with the speed then they need professionals (like i said before) there's a chance that hughes will score back there customers if they hire professionals.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

TexasRebel

Edgewood, TX
reply to Liberty

there is no way in hell that any of HNG4's beams are loaded. Not in just over 2 months of going live. Hell, Exede had nearly a 9 month headstart and they've not maxed out any of their beams.

Either Echostar 17's bandwidth is not completely being dedicated for HNG4 and is being used for non-published purposes, or HN's network operations is really below required spec to be used with Echostar 17.

Probably the later in that HN executives thought they could save money in cutting corners and believing a segment of their customer base wouldn't ever complain about the performance.

TexasRebel

Edgewood, TX
reply to C0RR0SIVE88

that would be some sheit.. imagine a handful of customers having the only access to a beam.. probably some rich effers that want all the available bandwidth so they can netflix day and night and whatever else their hearts desire.. meanwhile the rest of the customers get the shaft.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to diablo1892

said by diablo1892:

Lets just assume that its all overloading, if it is then why not make it more powerful?
If its the people whos working with the speed then they need professionals (like i said before) there's a chance that hughes will score back there customers if they hire professionals.

They have professionals. And you can't just make things more powerful.

TexasRebel

Edgewood, TX

oh yeah they have professionals alright.. professional script readers.. muchlike with every technological advancement, you have dumbfounded dipsheits at the management levels that dictate how the service will be used.

If HNG4 was actually management by the engineers that designed the technology, it would probably work way better than how it's been working since it's launch date.

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
reply to silbaco

If there are professionals then why is it not loading like Exede (like how everyones saying) or is all those postive feedbacks from customers with exede telling lies? I believe that Hughes is ran by a bunch of clowns(:

TexasRebel

Edgewood, TX

I had Exede12 for 6 months before they terminated me over the stink I made over shitty meters and DNS/DHCP problems. I believe Exede12 rules over HNG4 because they build an all new infrastructure to handle the traffic. HN just uses the same old crap that the legacy satellites were using and added a bit more bandwidth..

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY
reply to Liberty

said by Liberty:

Not true
In southern Az they aren't installing anymore Gen4s
Beam loaded

I'm more inclined to think "gateway loaded". Here in western KY I can see Beams 31 and 38. Four IPGWs (gateways) are indicated on Beam 31, but only 3 of them are currently active. Beam 38 has at least 5 IPGWs, not all of them are active yet ither.

So the question becomes, how many IPGWs do you see on that southern AZ beam? If more than one, have you tried Beam Over-ride?

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012

C0RR0SIVE88

@direcway.com

I agree with the thought of the gateway being loaded and not the beam. They will probably do more additions to an existing gateway later on provided they feel there is enough potential for that gateway/beam to generate more customers.