share rss forum feed

AJ102

join:2005-03-22
Vancouver, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to nomi

Re: [BC] Bad xp: Price change and no notification - good bye Sha

Unfortunately that's just the way that Shaw does business, irritating as it may sometimes be. I don't think you'll find Telus any better.

Their business model is to attract new customers with low introductory prices, and then ramp the price up continuously without attracting the customer's attention in hope that they either won't notice, or that each increase will be just below the amount that makes the customer go to the effort to change providers. They aren't going to go to any great lengths to make you aware of price increases, because their whole business model is based on price-gouging existing customers and they don't want it to come to your attention. (apologies to Shaw staffers for calling it what it is, but you know it's the truth!)

You are always free to go elsewhere any time you don't like Shaw's pricing. At least they don't lock you in to a long-term contract!

CR123

join:2006-11-04
Vancouver, BC
said by AJ102:

At least they don't lock you in to a long-term contract!

You don't have to get locked into a long-term contract. Only if you want goodies. Pricing (except for STB rentals) is the same, contract or not.
--
- The content of this post is my opinion, and does not reflect the opinions of my employer. -

lambeaufeels

@shawcable.net
I think we can all agree that while Shaw is mediocre at best, Telus is absolute trash. I'd definitely look at Novus, if it is available to you.