Forest Hills, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

1 recommendation

Man of Steel - Superman 2013 Reboot - Full Trailer

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4

Opening June 14, 2013, "Man of Steel" stars Henry Cavill as Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as General Zod, Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Russell Crowe as Jor-El, Ayelet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Antje Traue as Faora, Harry Lennix as General Swanwick and Christopher Meloni as Col. Hardy.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Packeteers
Wow, even though I don't know who the villains are, that looks like a great movie.

I spotted Russel Crowe, Diane Lane, Amy Adams, and I thin Kevin Costner in the trailer, but didn't recognize who plays Supe.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

2 recommendations

Henry Cavill . He did a little known movie called Immortals and a TV series that wasn't all that good The Tudors.

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Rook008
I'm pretty sure the bad guy is general zod.

superman is way too powerful to deal with anything
except some other extra terrestrial threat to earth.
that is how he gains acceptance from the humans,
by dealing with an external threat well beyond them.

i hope the reboot does not waste time on Lex Luthor

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Snakeoil
Ah, thanks.
I've never seen him before, but he has a slight resemblance to my favorite Superman, Christopher Reeve.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Packeteers
said by Packeteers:

That's great news. And I agree, Superman going up against Lex Luthor is a waste. Supe needs to fight someone who can physically fight back to make it interesting to me. Someone like Zod or Doomsday.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
said by Rook008:

said by Packeteers:

That's great news. And I agree, Superman going up against Lex Luthor is a waste. Supe needs to fight someone who can physically fight back to make it interesting to me. Someone like Zod or Doomsday.

Or Darkseid.

But that'll probably be saved for the upcoming Justice League movie.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
reply to Packeteers
Sweet - that looks like it'll be pretty good.

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Packeteers
i would guess during the 3 reboot movies Lex will show up as some politician or billionaire who uses his influence to undermine Superman somehow - but hopefully that will be as far as they use him.

the only problem with super extraterrestrial villains is they tend to create a lot more collateral damage - great for movie making, terrible if you are Superman trying to protect humans from the battle.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Packeteers
I'm looking forward to this movie more than any other in 2013. They better not screw it up like the last superman.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Ah, thanks.
I've never seen him before, but he has a slight resemblance to my favorite Superman, Christopher Reeve.

I thought he kinda sounded like him too at the end of the trailer.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

I'm looking forward to this movie more than any other in 2013. They better not screw it up like the last superman.

I actually liked Superman Returns. I don't see why so many people are hating on that movie like that. And I thought that Brandon Routh looked strikingly like Christopher Reeves also.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Nightwing
This is it boys,this is war
Premium
join:2002-04-08
CT
reply to Packeteers
The only problem I had with the last movie was Lex Luthor. They make him out to be a total clown. I thought the scene with the airline jet was pretty well done.
--
A fire burns today Of blasphemy and genocide The sirens of decay
Will infiltrate the faith fanatics