moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to RonPaul

Re: [Digital TV] Any news on the possibility of improving HD vid

Let's not forget that for the privilege of viewing the subpar FREE hd channels, you still need the box.....

I've also noticed that even though the stream says it's coming in at 720, it's clearly in SD, hell, alot of the time it looks on par or below the same sd channel. Anymore I mainly use the HD channel so i can get the 5.1

I49mobile

join:2012-02-11
Moldy pickle. I have direct tv and have had direct tv since in 1994. Since Suddenlink is forced by the Feds to send local channels in HD down the system since I only have suddenlink phone and Internet , it is amazing the quality difference with my OTA, Direct tv shreveport locals, and then Suddenlink. I can clearly see suddenlink's compression with shreveport locals. Do you have much pixelization with suddenlink hd?

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
During the summer I was having pixel issues during the heat of the day, much to phone supports dismay. Was told that couldn't possibly have anything to do with it, lol. Anyways, I right now have issues with audio cutting out, occasional picture freezing, and sometimes a very grainy picture, like what you'd see on a vhs. Not that it really matters much anymore as I have cable for 1 damn tv show anymore, thinking about just cutting it out and looking for an ota solution for my news. How is ota HD down here?

How are you able to get SL hd channels w/out the set top box? Unless I'm doing something horribly wrong, I can't get my tv up to the 700 range that all my HD is at.
--
30/2 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

I49mobile

join:2012-02-11
Moldy pickle
Suddenlink is forced along with other cable operators to provide local HD channels without out the need for a box. I have a motorhome, so when I hook up to cable in campgrounds all over the country I will get locals in HD without a box. Only did not get in one campground. I recorded Ktal last night on OTA with my direct tv Dvr and there was cut out a couple of times watching Saturday night live, so if you were watching via suddenlink, it was not their fault.

I only have suddenlink connected to family room HDTV directly only as a back up if a i loose the sat signal. I have with direct tv two DVRs, three HD boxes, and one sd box. I have no movie channels. Pay 95 bucks/mo. I wish we had fiber like Lafayette. Go to lusfiber.org and see their system. It is fiber to your house.

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Fiber is only near campus right now I believe, but it's a nice idea, lol.

What channel are you getting the free HD on? I might have to try this