share rss forum feed

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
reply to f0rtys3ven

Re: Why did you leave GW2? will you return?

said by f0rtys3ven:

I'm sry

I know you are; no need to apologize for playing with failbots. We all have a few that we recognize as people.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to Ghastlyone
GW2 sux, WoW is awesome. That is all.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to TheThing
I had the same issues as Zupe. I felt like I had seen everything my character was capable of almost immediately. I looked at all the traits you get later on, and those seemed almost exclusively to be passives.

Yes, WoW does hand you a large chunk of your abilities when you hit level 10. But I still get something new every few levels and I have talents that actually feel like they matter.

The skill point system in GW2 was weird as well. I seem to remember a skill on my elementalist that I chose that did less or about the same damage than my auto attacks but had a 45 second cool down? I didnt get that at all.

I tried out guardian and had fun, but then doing the same attacks just got annoying because I didnt have a new attack to ever look forward to again. At least in WoW I know at level 80 or whatever I am going to unlock my best ability for my efforts.

Then, PvP was just a pile. The WvWvW was too big. It was overwhelming. I just wanted to go in and kill people. Objective based PvP is fine in doeses. I hated things like Wintergrasp and what not, its not fun to incorporate PvE into PvP.

Things like Arathi Basin and Warsong Gulch make WoW PvP fun. I know there are "things" like that GW2, but they just felt... cheesy.
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
I have yet to try sPvP (structured PvP) in GW2.

All of my time is taken up by WvW or Open World PvE/explore

enjoyed leveling my 2 toons to 80

I will hold off on a third 80 and get more into dungeons and spvp with my 2 toons

can't comment on sPvP (GW2 BGs) at this point

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
reply to TheThing
I will be back. Eventually. I been away because my wife's pushing through Clinical right now and we sleep at 8:00 p.m. cause she needs to wake up lik 5:00 a.m. every morning. I stopped trying to sneak out of bed. haha. Also I been busy...making music of all things.

TheThing

said by I AM:

I will be back. I stopped trying to sneak out of bed... I been busy...making music.

noice man!

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
reply to TheThing
I'm just on break, I went a bit nuts in November and overdid it powering my guardian up to cap, but I'll be back.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to TheThing
I still play, but not as much as I used to. I got my engineer to 80 and the only thing I'd really like to do on that toon is run dungeons, but there are only two or three dungeons that ever get run. The others languish with no one interested.

If they'd put a group finder for dungeon runs in the game I'd play every day.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to TheThing

Sorta changed my gaming machine to a studio machine for the moment. Wonder if I can keybind my piano? lol.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to TheThing
Real life has kept me from logging on, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. I've also been on an FPS kick with Blops 2 (which I will freely admit I'm terrible at), Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3, so what little time through the week I've had to game I've been playing them, and have barely scratched the surface.

I will still try to keep the old tradition of playing on Friday nights alive, I really enjoy that. I couldn't last Friday or this Friday because of family visits for the holidays, but after next week vacation baby, woot! 11 days off to play GW2 and work on my FPS backlog.

Deo85

join:2012-10-19
reply to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

So you didn't make it to max level, but had nothing to do at max level? Hmm.

Complaining about how you get all your abilities by level 20 is non sense, when in the same posting you claim to go back to playing WoW. Which is even worse now on offering every class all their abilities at the start of the game, minus a few utility style skills every 15 levels of playing.

Dungeons aren't badly designed. Getting in a group of people that have no clue what the fuck they're doing will make a dungeon feel horrid and badly designed. I've run with mutiple groups in dungeons that were flawless, along with running with bad groups that would make you want to pull your hair out.

WoW is the same way.

Attacking Zupe is kind of low here man he was simply giving his option. If you don't care about the way you "look" then no end game does not "exists" in GW2 and that is by design which means it may not be the game for you. I also lost a lot of steam playing because quite frankly after all the reading I see no point in getting to max its just one of those things that happens unlike wow were its a tangible goal because new contents "unlocks" it self for you to participate in. GW2 does and will not have and that's just the way the game is designed not bad or good just not for every one. If your going to try and defend this point give it your best shot but the odds are stacked agents you on a lot of fronts even the designers said this was not there goal.

Dungeons on the other hand are different not bad but are a pain to be honest. Cluster fuck zerg rush is not fun to be honest and I am usually the first one in my group of friends to go "Well I'm done with this I don't want to run around like a chicken with my head off trying to CC modes every second hoping we don't break them" Every way you slice it the Dungeons are chaotic and a lot of reaction like play. You spend half your time picking other people up sense there is no formula to the design. Its different but it is daunting and for some ppl not something they enjoy. When there are 3+ mods and I got two dodges I am going to get hit... and its going to hurt a LOT.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
That's how life is bro. There are no tanks and healers in rl!

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
They're called soldiers/police officers and doctors.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Deo85
said by Deo85:

said by Ghastlyone:

So you didn't make it to max level, but had nothing to do at max level? Hmm.

Complaining about how you get all your abilities by level 20 is non sense, when in the same posting you claim to go back to playing WoW. Which is even worse now on offering every class all their abilities at the start of the game, minus a few utility style skills every 15 levels of playing.

Dungeons aren't badly designed. Getting in a group of people that have no clue what the fuck they're doing will make a dungeon feel horrid and badly designed. I've run with mutiple groups in dungeons that were flawless, along with running with bad groups that would make you want to pull your hair out.

WoW is the same way.

Attacking Zupe is kind of low here man he was simply giving his option.

If you actually thought that I was attacking Zupe, then you don't know me very well.

I tried reading the rest of your post, but gave up trying to decipher the terrible grammar.

TheThing

2 edits
reply to Deo85
There is some progression at end game in GW2, it's fractals/ascended gear, and exotics. Both of which provide more power.

The other part is skins. Which is optional.

Why do people run dungeons/raids in WoW?
#1 - More powerful gear
#2 - New cool looking gear/sets
#3 - Content/story, adventure and fun
#4 - Team play

GW2 for the most part takes away #1. But provides #2, #3 and #4!

if you want you can run dungeons in GW2 to get exotics via dungeon tokens, which actually support #1 as well!

More powerful gear in GW2(exotics) can be obtained basicaly doing whatever you want. That's why I say GW2 for the most part takes away #1. Dungeon grinding isnt required to become more powerful.

And like I said if you want progression style, then you have fractals.

I've been complaining that dungeons are a cluster F as well, and need better mechanics. The Anet devs responded to my issue before I even complained about it!

Fractals = mechanics, and its lots of fun! and beautiful.

GW2 is a baby game, it will only get better. Just looking at fractal dungeons is awesome.

** Open world events in GW2 may be a zerg (perhaps lowering zone population and spawning more overflows would improve that), they will improve upon it. But getting through dungeons and fractals is not a zerg whatsoever, you have to communicate on how to figure things out! And its not like those other cluster F dungeons we spoke of!

***The bottom line is changing the way you think. And approaching it with an open mind. In the end, when you really wrap your mind around GW2 its just awesome. (getting over the WoW mental block is very hard at first! i had too, and now im glad!)

I remember reading an IGN review, and the reviewer mentioned that GW2 does have A LOT to wrap your mind around. It's 3 months in, and I'm still trying to figure it out. And look, we have the winter events... ffs... now I need to figure that out too!

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

If you actually thought that I was attacking Zupe, then you don't know me very well.

I tried reading the rest of your post, but gave up trying to decipher the terrible grammar.

LOL I just noticed your new avatar. Waddup Big Perrrrm? I mean Big Worrrrrm?

TheThing

reply to TheThing
PVE END GAME IN WOW IS LINEAR:

Run Dungeons -> Run Raids = THE LOOTZ

PVE END GAME IN GW2 IS OPEN:

Do whatever you like = THE LOOTZ

Puppy - got his exotic set open world events and dailies
TheThing - got his exotic set open world events, gathering, montlies and dailies
Fizzy - probably got his Exotic sets from crafting and manipulating TP for gold
primo - got his exotic set and skins from farming Citadel of Flame dungeon and crafting

then, if you still crave that progression, you then go to fractals

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to bionicRod
said by bionicRod:

said by Ghastlyone:

LOL I just noticed your new avatar. Waddup Big Perrrrm? I mean Big Worrrrrm?

"Florida Evans lookin' muthafucka"

Fiftycals

join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX
reply to TheThing
I left because I'm very impatient. My main focus when I pick these games up is to play with friends. When they slowly stop playing, I slowly stop playing. Best part... no monthly fee.. so of course I'll be back! WHENEVER... FOR FREE.. SWEET!

HoboJ

join:2008-03-27
Cornwall, ON
reply to TheThing
I haven't really left GW2... rather I just barely play at all.

Honestly my lack of interest is due to terrible dungeon experiences and boring confused classes. I just can't wrap my head around why anet got rid of the classic tank, dps and heal model of mmos for GW2. Whenever I enter a dungeon I've got no idea how to approach them without knowing my role. Maybe I've been doing it wrong but the everyone attack the target and hope you don't die approach just doesn't jive in my brain.

TheThing

i think there is to some degree a disconnect between dungeons and the rest of the game

while fractals may have improved this experience it still needs work

i think this disconnect is because Anet has created "teams" to handle various aspects of the game

seems open world events go in one direction and dungeons go in a completely other

if a game lacks the trinity, and effective aggro control, then that means dungeons/bosses will have to utilize mechanics much more intensely, AND BE VERY RELIGIOUS ABOUT IT... not wishy washy

in dungeons I get attacked by boss, attacked by mobs, and attack by huge AOE effects all at the same time at points, with no aggro control, it at times does become one gigantic cluster fuck

i never notice this in open world events

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
I HAVE RETURNED!!!!