spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

townfries

join:2011-12-19

Is it possible to purchase just additional bandwidth?

Is it possible to purchase just additional bandwidth? If so, how much would it cost?
I know I can just call Rogers to ask but I want to ask on this forum first so that I will know if the CSR is giving me a random price.

Thanks!

rize

@bell.ca

You have to be in an in-market plan, express and above. $5 for 20GB, $20 for 80GB.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to townfries

You are technically switching to a usage assurance tier, but those tiers cost exactly what rize pointed out. If you have a promo, certain promos will not discount the usage assurance tier and if you want more usage you may be forced to upgrade to the next actual tier.

townfries

join:2011-12-19

I have extreme right now which is $61 but I have 70% off making it around $20 because I have 3 services with Rogers.

The next tier (ExtremePlus) is $71 and includes 30 more GB. Would the 70% off still apply to the new tier?

And if I go with paying $5 for 20GB, would the 70% apply to that too? Can I just do that for one month because I plan to decrease my usage once I figure out what is causing the large spikes in upload bandwidth.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

70% off applies to any regular tier. Not sure about any of the usage assurance tiers, you can ask the rep to try it and see if it discounts it.

You can switch to any tier whether it is a usage assurance tier or regular tier for one month and then switch back.

Kane Hart

join:2012-11-17
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to townfries

So I have Ult 75/2 and yes they refuse to give me say 75/4 ugh. Anyway I cancelled Rogers already ends on the 5th of jan. I was upset because they tried to give be a 50gigs more for a 1 year contract. Then they tried offer me like 250 gigs or something for 18 down 512kbps up ugh LOL...

I assume there is no actual way to get to say 400 gigs of bandwidth without using overcap?

tj_blues

join:2007-08-17
Mississauga, ON

Then they tried offer me like 250 gigs or something for 18 down 512kbps up ugh LOL..

There is no such animal as 18/0.5Mbps. It used to be 18/1 but now Express is 25/2.

Ulti is now 150/10 with 250GB monthly usage... So yeah, some one can LOL

cheers
--
In a World without fences and walls,
who needs Gates and Windows?

Kane Hart

join:2012-11-17
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by tj_blues:

Then they tried offer me like 250 gigs or something for 18 down 512kbps up ugh LOL..

There is no such animal as 18/0.5Mbps. It used to be 18/1 but now Express is 25/2.

Ulti is now 150/10 with 250GB monthly usage... So yeah, some one can LOL

cheers

I think it might be by area packages. We for sure don't have 150/10 I wish I would have stayed. I mean 250 blows and is what I have now but at least I got some upload bandwidth finally to do live stream.

I live in Barrie and they keep fing up everything were always behind by 1 or 2 upgrades.

Even Teksavvy some how missed us.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to tj_blues

said by tj_blues:

18/0.5 is the previous Express speed.

Though the package he was offered was likely the student packages, which goes back to the Express speed before that - 12/0.5.