All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

AlexE4
join:2006-12-16
Chicago, IL

AlexE4

Re: UltraTV "Video processor reset detected"

Hey Dan, still getting video processor resets, one yesterday at 8:23, one the day before at 8:13. Pretty close to the same time, anything else you/I can do to troubleshoot this?
AlexE4

AlexE4

Also, you previously mentioned that this error is only when the video portion of the gateway resets... but it happened right now as I was browsing this forum and at the same time watching a show recorded on the DVR. Both the internet dropped out during the reset and the media player shows that it "Cannot communicate with the Media Gateway, Please check your cable connection". It appears to effect both internet and video services when the reset occurs.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

I took another look at the gateway, and I just don't see anything wrong with it from my side. I think at this point I have to recommend replacing the gateway unit, as it seems like a hardware failure in the gateway.
Smuj
join:2012-12-12
Holly Springs, NC

Smuj

Getting the exact same issues on my gateway, and it's already been replaced once for the rebooting issue. So I don't think it is the gateway's fault at this point. Is there anything you can look at? This things reboots at least 2-3 times a day, and it's been happening since I got it a few months ago.