RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30
reply to onebadmofo

Re: [iPhone] iphone HIPAA compliant?

said by onebadmofo:

Also, has anyone ever used this? And is it any good?:
»www.mobileiron.com/en/multi-os-m···overview

I manage wireless for a large corporation using Mobileiron. it's a great product and they just keep making it better. Some of their latest builds and features are amazing considering how fast Mobile Device management has been moving lately. They are about to put out 5.5 of their appliance and it once again tacks on more features to unlock and use.

if you have any questions send me a PM and I will try to answer the best I can.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA
kudos:1
said by RiseAbove:

said by onebadmofo:

I manage wireless for a large corporation using Mobileiron. it's a great product and they just keep making it better. Some of their latest builds and features are amazing considering how fast Mobile Device management has been moving lately. They are about to put out 5.5 of their appliance and it once again tacks on more features to unlock and use.

What is the pricing like for them? I've requested such from their site and never got a reply. And this was months ago as well as just a few days ago.
--
Photoshop these nuts in your mouth.

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30
said by onebadmofo:

said by RiseAbove:

said by onebadmofo:

What is the pricing like for them? I've requested such from their site and never got a reply. And this was months ago as well as just a few days ago.

We paid $75 per user one time license fee then you get hit with a $15 yearly maintenance fee after that. Completely worth it on our end. We trashed Blackberry's back in early 2012, resold all the old phones to a resellar, which paid for the new phones and some licenses.

I would say if you want to switch to iPhones your best bet is to run the numbers. Also if you would like my contact for a resellar so you can make some money on those old handsets let me know I can PM you their name. I have shopped around resellars and they were the ones who consistently give me top dollar for my old phones which helps pay for a lot of new devices and equipment.

I would run the numbers on everything and see how it plays out. You can always get the free Blackberry Express Server if you have some die hard hold outs. Plus I believe you can route that through Mobileiron as well.
»us.blackberry.com/business/softw···esx.html

In the end though for us it was a no brainer to ditch RIM and go all Apple down the line for corporate devices.

For remote document management I would also recommend MobilEcho. it's a very robust document and sharepoint access tool which is very light weight and easy to setup.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA
kudos:1
I'm not sure how that would work on our end as far as selling to a reseller since we're a non-profit county funded organization. But I'd be willing to accept the contact info have and shoot that thought to our purchasing director to see what their thought is on it. As far as I know, the old phones simply get stored some where till they can be disposed of.

If this can be done, maybe the transition will be easier to make.
--
Photoshop these nuts in your mouth.