Search similar:

uniqs
gweidenh
join:2002-05-18
Houston, TX

gweidenh

FCC Task Force - IP Communications

»techcrunch.com/2012/12/1 ··· k-force/

This comes as welcome news. The FCC has formed a task force to investigate how an all IP communications network should change regulations and policies.
quote:
The Task Force will conduct a data-driven review and provide recommendations to modernize the Commission’s policies in a process that encourages the technological transition, empowers and protects consumers, promotes competition, and ensures network resiliency and reliability.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

said by gweidenh:

This comes as welcome news.

I hope so. Of course, it could mean more fees of various sorts, "level the playing field" charges, that sort of thing. Be careful what you wish for...
gweidenh
join:2002-05-18
Houston, TX

gweidenh

Good point.

However, I think the FCC knows that they are stepping on thin ice if they try to do that.

They could become powerless very quickly if they rule with an iron fist.
cell14
join:2012-01-04
Miami Beach, FL

cell14 to gweidenh

to gweidenh
I am pretty sure that this will be a financial disaster for us. It will open tremendous opportunities to introduce a slew of taxes and fees. But the current situation is simply too good to be true in the long run.
Expand your moderator at work

j1349705
Premium Member
join:2006-04-15
Holly Springs, NC

1 recommendation

j1349705 to gweidenh

Premium Member

to gweidenh

Re: FCC Task Force - IP Communications

I'd rather have the government keep their hands off my VoIP service. I don't want new taxes, fees, or regulations to deal with. They already take enough of my money already in taxes and waste it.

VoIP is a very competitive industry. If you don't like your provider, there's almost certainly another that will serve your needs. You can pick carriers based on quality or price... whatever suits you. There's no need to ask the government to fix it.
Expand your moderator at work