uniqs
share rss forum feed

hudiat

join:2011-10-13
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·WOW Internet and..

Sudden signal changes on modem

Just wondering if this is a sign that something might have been fixed on WOWs end in my area.

In the past my downstream varied from -1 to 1, and upstream was a solid 33 most of the time.

Overnight last night my modem rebooted from loss of connection, now today my downstream is between 1 and 3, but upstream is 38, a sizeable jump outside of normal fluctuation. In addition I have noticed improved TV. Still getting a little pixelization sometimes but worlds better than what it has been for months.

Now this is just 1 day, and it may go back to what it was, but at least today service has been an improvement, and the signal strength indicates something changed along the line

C1K

@comcast.net
I don't think changes like that are at all uncommon especially with changes in temperature outside. The downstream is still well within the (-10 - +10) spec so no worries. Upstream anything less than about 50 is fine.

hudiat

join:2011-10-13
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·WOW Internet and..
I'm not saying its out of spec. I'm saying they changed enough suddenly, on top of occurring with a modem reboot due to loss of service, strongly indicates wow did something. That combined with TV pixelating less also points that they may have actually fixed something causing the ongoing issues. As of now I think it's a good thing, not worrying, just wondering if Dan can confirm if they did something, of anyone else in cleveland, or anywhere really have noticed any changes, or better picture quality? (Less pixelating that is, not an actual better image)

Edit: spelling.