spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TFMiller

join:2012-12-12

Motorola MediaCipher CableCard?

Does anyone here know if it is possible to pair a Motorola M-Card MediaCipher Cablecard on the WOW! system in Columbus OH?

I currently have a TiVO Premiere that has the WOW! supplied Scientific Atlanta PowerKey card installed and working. I have a couple of Motorola M-Cards that when inserted in the TiVO are recognized and boot just fine. Of course, they're not authorized on the headend so I only see clear-QAM channels and none of the encrypted HD channels above ch. 208.

I'd like to use the Motorola card. Is it possible? To be frank, it's part technical challenge and part "save myself $3.50 /month rental on a card that costs 10 bucks"..... Any input is appreciated.

Thanks very much!

TFM

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

The answer is likely no .. I am pretty sure the WOW system is a SA based system in Columbus ..

You would need to get a cable card from WOW that is provisioned in WOW's system.

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL
reply to TFMiller
No.. customers cannot use their own cable cards, only cards provided by WOW that are in their system. Also your market is SA, so a Motorola CC is incompatible with the system there. Markets are either one or the other, not mix and match.