Search similar:

uniqs
audiofool
join:2000-11-22
London Ont

1 edit

audiofool

pop3 email down?

Tried to send an email just now and got pop up windows asking for my password, then it won't accept it for either address

Webmail works fine.

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre

Premium Member

We have upgraded our email system, please make sure to you use your full email address as the UID.
audiofool
London Ont

audiofool

Thanks Pierre! That fixed it. Per the 12/6/12 email I rec'd it indicated that the new log in would affect the webmail.

I didn't receive the follow up email that was indicated would have been sent yesterday, but it's all good now!

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre to audiofool

Premium Member

to audiofool
Excellent, yes we didn't communicate the delay properly. We delayed it as a result of the copyright emails/blog etc. Glad it's back up for you!
arisk
join:2001-08-08
London, ON

arisk to audiofool

to audiofool
said by audiofool:

Thanks Pierre! That fixed it. Per the 12/6/12 email I rec'd it indicated that the new log in would affect the webmail.

Correct. It was all about webmail and said nothing about POP3.
However, it works after making the changes.

ChuckcZar
@teksavvy.com

ChuckcZar to audiofool

Anon

to audiofool
Add @teksavvy.com to the email address in outlook express and click on
apply then ok. If you don't do this your POP3 email will never work ever
again.

Stardaug
@teksavvy.com

Stardaug

Anon

outgoing email (smtp) on galaxy s3 android not working as of today. I got the PC email working in Outlook by adding "@teksavvy.com" to the end of my account name. This does not work on my mobile device though. Anyone know of a fix for this. All was working fine until the Teksavvy email server upgrade/changes that kicked in today.

Thanks for any help!

JonF
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

JonF

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
Here are the settings on my Galaxy S3. Hope this helps.

Stardaug
@teksavvy.com

Stardaug

Anon

Thanks for the info. Didn't fix the problem.

Something has changed and its not on my galaxy s3. To coincidental that Teksavvy made email changes and now outgoing mail on the galaxy s3 stops working the same day.

I implemented the needed change to the username by adding @teksavvy.com.

Need fix Teksavvy!

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF to audiofool

Premium Member

to audiofool
@Stardaug

Do you mind if I call you? I would like to go over some things with you, as I do not know anyone else in the office that owns an S3...

If you can PM me your info, I'll call you as soon as I am able.

seoottawa
@rogers.com

seoottawa to audiofool

Anon

to audiofool
I have a galaxy s3 and outgoing email failed late today. Adding @tek.... after my name did not fix it.

Stardaug
@teksavvy.com

Stardaug to JonF

Anon

to JonF
@TSI JonF

Thanks. The next day is very busy for me and I wont have time to chat. But I have finally received a reply from Teksavvy support although no fix was provided. Just a copy and paste form letter created for inquiries regarding the email problem. So I have replied back asking for more info on the Galaxy S3 outgoing email problem that happened when Teksavvy made changes on their end. If need be I will have to talk to someone on Friday when I have time as I am into day 2 with no mobile email now and can't have this continue.
audiofool
London Ont

audiofool to seoottawa

to seoottawa
I've not been able to send teksavvy email on my Virgin iPhone 4 for many months now. I can receive just fine but can't send whether on wifi or 3g. I have to use my Hotmail to send.... it's a little inconvenient but it works.

Are the settings shown above for Android the same as for iPhone4?
EricNepean
join:2009-11-30
Nepean, ON

EricNepean

@ audiofool

For my Macbook and iPhone I use the following settings:
Out going settings are:
SMTP Server: out.teksavvy.com
Port: 1025
Protocol: SSL
Authentication: Password
Userid: xxxxx@teksavvy.com
Password: ***********

Incoming settings are:
server: mail.teksavvy.com
Port: 110
Protocol: SSL
Authentication: Authenticated POP (APOP)
Userid: xxxxx@teksavvy.com
Password: ***********

HTH
audiofool
London Ont

1 edit

audiofool

Thanks Eric!

I assume these settings work for your iPhone whether on wifi or data plan?

***edited to add--> I just answered my own question and it certainly does. thanks very much for the help Eric!
EricNepean
join:2009-11-30
Nepean, ON

EricNepean to TSI Pierre

to TSI Pierre
@ TSI Pierre
Teksavvy could have done a much better job of this ... every Teksavvy email user will have a nonworking email this morning as they get up and go to work .... those who really need their email and have little time will be really inconvenienced.

With a little foresight you could have sent an email one week before the change, and your customer dissatisfaction would have been much reduced.

Adding a prominent note to your website support section that there has been a recent change will help.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

I matched my TSI Email on My Galaxy S3 to the ones shown I get a Popup Saying Server does not support Authentication is all that i get for my trouble.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to audiofool

to audiofool
if you are with a reseller ... your email could be: @dslinternet.ca, @pppoe.ca or @wiredhighspeed.ca not necessarily @teksavvy.com
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Okay So i figured out some Android Settings based on your Iphone ones

Outgoing Settings
Out.teksavvy.com
port :1025
Security type: None
Require Sign In
Yourusername@teksavvy.com ( or whatever your email ends in)
Password

made my SGS 3 work to send email. again woot.

seoottawa
@bell.ca

seoottawa

Anon

These settings (adding @teksavvy.com) to my username in outgoing mail did not make a difference.

While I am on android, I am on a Galaxy s3.

Also I am using imap if that were to make a difference

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF to audiofool

Premium Member

to audiofool
Click for full size
Click for full size
edit pics
JonF

JonF to audiofool

Premium Member

to audiofool
Apologies - I should have clarified.

The setting posted before were for use over wifi with a TSI connection. If you are on LTE/4G/3G/ etc etc... you will be needing to use out.teksavvy.com and using port 1025.

Fed Up
join:2007-02-19
m4m2v

Fed Up

Does out.teksa... and port 1025 work on a teksavvy wifi connection? If so, why would you use smtp.teksa... only to not have it work at a cafe. (unless they had a teksavvy connection)

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF to audiofool

Premium Member

to audiofool
yes it does. Personally I use out.* for all of my devices, just so I don't forget when I take a device with me some where.

Stardaug
@teksavvy.com

Stardaug

Anon

OK so my outgoing email is working again on my Galaxy S3. Never heard back from Teksavvy support after receiving their canned email letter regarding the email changes - a long email which provided nothing useful for my technical issue since the change they made. Not sure why someone would copy and paste a canned email reply like that when it had no info on my galaxy S3 issue.

Anyhow... What had been working for me for months since I bought my Galaxy S3 was using port 587. That was up until Dec 12 here. In fact any other port when I set it up back then did not work. Only 587.

Now though I changed it to port 1025 and outgoing is working again.

So as others have since posted I am using...

Out.teksavvy.com
port :1025
Security type: None
Authentication: Auto
Require Sign In
username@teksavvy.com
Password

---
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to JonF

Premium Member

to JonF
said by JonF:

I do not know anyone else in the office that owns an S3...

Sheeesh....... Does TSI do **ANY* QA BEFORE implementing a change?

....sends out notice about **Webmail** changes - omits POP3 mention
.... leaves out critical settings info
.... doesn't test with a representative sample of common devices
.... implements changes in the middle of what is effectively a 'crisis' **without** effective advance notice

Reminds me a bit of the old CHCH TV program "Tiny Talent Time" - nice tries but a long way from professional.

In my field of endeavour I'd be fucking shot if I did any of this to even one user, much less a couple hundred thousand.