spc
Search similar:

uniqs
stevewm
join:2012-06-25
Brookville, IN

stevewm

[DSL] Frontier sheer ineptitude....

At work I still have a branch location that is unfortunately still on Frontier DSL with no other providers available. (other than satellite, which is not an option!)

This is a former Verizon area and said location originally had a 3m/768kbps line.

This was 2 weeks ago...

1st call: I call to ask if a higher speed is available. The rep tells me 7Mbps/1Mbps is available and upgrading should be no problem. Pricing should actually be cheaper than what we are paying now. They have to send a tech out to install the new modem since its a static IP. Tech visit scheduled for 4 days later.

2nd call: Day the tech is supposed to show up, the DSL goes down. I call Frontier am told its down because of a "change order" and should be back up shortly. Hour goes by, DSL still down. Call back, told "its still processing" and that the tech is "in route" Next hour, DSL finally comes back up at the same speed, tech never shows. Didn't have time to call back Frontier as it was end of the day...

3rd call: Next day, call back Frontier, am told that a tech was never in route and that one was not needed. Shows there was a completed order and that we should have the higher speed. Modem still syncing at 3Mbps/768kbps. Line stats indicate higher speed should be absolutely no problem. Rep apologizes and says she is going to schedule a tech to come out and make sure we get the higher speed. Visit scheduled for 5 days later.

5 days later: Predictably tech never shows, nothing changes, modem still at 3m/768kbps.

And this is where I stand, 2 weeks passed since my original request that they have yet to complete. In the mean time the bill did arrived, and it is in fact cheaper, so they did get at least once thing right.

Its obvious Frontier reps simply lie to get you off the phone. Every time I have called they seemed rushed to get me off the line as fast as possible, to the point of telling me what I wanted to hear. I am going to attempt call back again today, likely just to be lied to again and waste my time. Do not regret one bit moving the other 5 branches away from Frontier!

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

1 recommendation

Hank

Premium Member

Call your area manager, stop wasting your time with the CSR's.
jenni4um
join:2012-12-10
Henrietta, NY

jenni4um to stevewm

to stevewm
I had a similar situation when I was trying to switch up to a Static IP block. I had to call into the help desk and have them check my account to get the static info so I could put it into the modem. I guess these new modems will give out both private and public IP's so the modem was still letting me browse.
Try calling the help desk....I called 1-888-620-3663 I found the number on Frontiers help page.
Tell the tech you ordered a static and they should be able to look up the IP. After your static is set up they can figure out what is going on with your speeds.
It worked for me....should work for you....can't hurt to try right?
jenni4um

jenni4um to stevewm

to stevewm
I had a similar situation when I was trying to switch up to a Static IP block. I had to call into the help desk and have them check my account to get the static info so I could put it into the modem. I guess these new modems will give out both private and public IP's so the modem was still letting me browse.
Try calling the help desk....I called 1-888-620-3663 I found the number on Frontiers help page.
Tell the tech you ordered a static and they should be able to look up the IP. After your static is set up they can figure out what is going on with your speeds.
It worked for me....should work for you....can't hurt to try right?
gozer9
Premium Member
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY

gozer9 to stevewm

Premium Member

to stevewm
I agree with steve get the IP from them and then do a hard reset on the modem and use a cat5 say from a laptop direct to one of the modems ports after the modem is back up. just reboot the laptop and open the modems setup page.