join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to mlerner

Re: Kickstarter for funds VS Voltage Lawsuits-CAMPAIGN LAUNCHED!

said by mlerner:

I threw in a large donation. Good luck all.

I need whatever job you have lol... great donation but damn $200 is crazy high

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

1 recommendation

said by Tx:

said by mlerner:

I threw in a large donation. Good luck all.

I need whatever job you have lol... great donation but damn $200 is crazy high

I have little expenses and I believe in these causes.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to stevey_frac

said by stevey_frac:

Sorry about the double post above. I think my posts were getting moderated, but I didn't notice.

Nope, not the case. This thread has been bitten by the "don't update the page count right away" bug, where it takes several posts on a new page before that page will show up. You can see them when you manually change the URL, but not get at them from the index at first.

stevey_frac

join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON
reply to stevey_frac

The court case today was pushed back until Jan 14th. That buys us a month of much needed time to collect our thoughts, our funds, and work out a strategy.

Thanks Teksavvy and CIPPIC.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
reply to stevey_frac

Your choice, but I made a donation this morning and I would have no objection if CIPPIC is going to take up the cause you might want to slide the donations there way. Completely up to you, just throwing it out there.

stevey_frac

Cambridge, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

I considered that as well. Before I were to do that, I would definitely want to make sure that those who have already donated were OK with that. I would also want to ask CIPPIC if the donation would aid them in this legal battle.

Also: Thanks mlerner for the donation. That's quite awesome, and I think will go a long way to make a difference.

funny

join:2010-12-22
reply to stevey_frac

it shows i have to sign in via fcebook
how about having a simple setup this 9 trillion steps crap ....nvm
im not gonna bother then
no proper answers no 100 dollar donation
simple life

stevey_frac

Cambridge, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

I believe you are referring to step 2, where it gives you the option to connect using your Facebook account. You definitely do NOT have to do this.

The steps go something like this:

1) Put in a donation amount.
2) Enter an email. It can be fake if you want, but if fake, you won't be notified of payment. Don't need to connect to Facebook.
3) Select 'Anonymous'
4) Enter a comment if you want, or not.
5) Contribute

It's not to difficult. Sorry if I wasn't clear before... Hopefully this helps.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
Wellington N

said by stevey_frac:

I believe you are referring to step 2, where it gives you the option to connect using your Facebook account. You definitely do NOT have to do this.

Confirmed, just don't connect. That's how it worked this morning for me. I chose anonymous and no issues.
Expand your moderator at work

funny

join:2010-12-22
reply to stevey_frac

Re: Kickstarter for funds VS Voltage Lawsuits-CAMPAIGN LAUNCHED!

said by stevey_frac:

The steps go something like this:

1) Put in a donation amount.
2) Enter an email. It can be fake if you want, but if fake, you won't be notified of payment. Don't need to connect to Facebook.
3) Select 'Anonymous'
4) Enter a comment if you want, or not.
5) Contribute

It's not to difficult. Sorry if I wasn't clear before... Hopefully this helps.

ok here comes 100$ to the cause hope this helps everyone

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to stevey_frac

ugh @ posting bug, Sorry for the duplicate posts, was sure I only posted it once.
--
IF TREE = FALL AND PEOPLE = ZERO THEN SOUND = 0
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
reply to stevey_frac

Might be worth updating the campaign with further details, the updates in the case.

Perhaps with the latest developments that should CIPPIC succeed in blocking the disclosure of personal information that the money raised will be donated them?

stevey_frac

Cambridge, ON

That's a good idea. I will do this tonight.

--Steve

analog andy

join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC
reply to stevey_frac

So anyone have an idea what this money should be best used for? I'm holding off on my donation until I see where it'll go and if that party can make the biggest impact on the case.

qewey

join:2007-10-04
reply to stevey_frac

how can we get this campaign on the front page of DSLR and news site like torrentfreak so that customers from the other ISPs get a chance to know about it ? because it is also in their interests to counter these copyright trolls.

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23

Not sure about DSLR but TorrentFreak you can probably just email them. Might be worth sending it to Michael Giest as well.

stevey_frac

Cambridge, ON
reply to analog andy

I've been reaching out to the CIPPIC to see what they would be willing to do for us.

I attempted to reach Karl Bode, the site admin. He did not respond to me.

I have also sent this to Michael Giest with no response.

skd5

join:2012-12-12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

May be you can try sending the mail directly to David Fewer, since I read in some other thread he mailed someone directly. Also I would like them involved, since they were the one who came to Court with something making it up to Judge rather than just for watching.

I mean they were working for the crowd rather than securing a 'client' once the court ordered release for information.

stevey_frac

Cambridge, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

I'm reaching out to as many donors as I can, to see if they would be OK with donating funds to CIPPIC. I don't want to be accused of using the funds for something other than what I said. I would argue supporting CIPPIC is essentially the same thing, But I think it's only fair to them.

Does anyone object to donating the proceeds of the campaign to CIPPIC?

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
Wellington N

No. I've IM'd you the message of my confirmation email. If you want to redirect mine you have my permission.

analog andy

Surrey, BC
reply to stevey_frac

said by stevey_frac:

I'm reaching out to as many donors as I can, to see if they would be OK with donating funds to CIPPIC. I don't want to be accused of using the funds for something other than what I said. I would argue supporting CIPPIC is essentially the same thing, But I think it's only fair to them.

Does anyone object to donating the proceeds of the campaign to CIPPIC?

Maybe we need a break down. If funds go to so and so they will be used for this. If they go to so and so they will be used for this and that.

stevey_frac

Cambridge, ON

Right now, Unless someone demands that their funds not be used for such, I think we should push all our funds to CIPPIC to stop the disclosure motion from going forward. So, essentially, 100% of funds go to CIPPIC for their litigation efforts.

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
reply to stevey_frac

I was the first to donate and I have no problem with the funds going to CIPPIC.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

analog andy

Surrey, BC
reply to stevey_frac

I just donated and sure pass it forward to CIPPIC.

Fuzzy285

join:2012-12-12
reply to stevey_frac

You should continue to build this fund until it is clear whether anyone will get sued. There's still a good chance that names and addresses will eventually be disclosed and individuals will have to fight the trolls. You're not out of the woods yet, not by a long shot. Let CIPPIC try to do its job regarding the public interest, they already have the means. If they fail, you'll need that money still.

d4m1r

join:2011-08-25
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to stevey_frac

said by stevey_frac:

Right now, Unless someone demands that their funds not be used for such, I think we should push all our funds to CIPPIC to stop the disclosure motion from going forward. So, essentially, 100% of funds go to CIPPIC for their litigation efforts.

Agreed. If CIPPIC takes up the case, I'd be more inclined to donate if the money went to them.
--
www.613websites.com Budget Canadian Web Design and Hosting

Shikomu

join:2007-11-16
Ontario

I am in the same boat I may contribute if CIPPIC can use the funds for this purpose.

sanc5

join:2012-12-13
Mississauga, ON
reply to Fuzzy285

>
================================================

Make sense to me.. I second the moton.

swampboy

join:2012-01-24
Hamilton, ON
reply to stevey_frac

I just donated to CIPPIC and am recommending that everyone do so. I think they are the best chance to fight the trolls. Also the donation is tax-deductible in the current year if you donate by Dec 31. Please let your friends, family and co-workers know that anyone with a wifi network is at risk.