join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to JonF

Re: Mail server and Webmail upgrade

So is there a definite answer to the forwarding email address?

like i said before it currently works because it was set up like that in the old webmail platform, but how long that continues to work who knows...

The new webmail doesnt have the forward to address option.
--

JonF
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc
For the time being, we will need to do it from our side. I have sent this off to my supervisor already, to ask when this feature could be added again.

I'll keep you posted...

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC
kudos:7
the forward option was disabled in the new webmail because the old system still controls your forward and will remain that way until your account is fully migrated which will then become active on the new webmail.

This change today was to allow us to start migrating users 1 by 1 without having to cause downtime for literally days migrating everyone all at once.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by TSI Gabe:

the forward option was disabled in the new webmail because the old system still controls your forward and will remain that way until your account is fully migrated which will then become active on the new webmail.

This change today was to allow us to start migrating users 1 by 1 without having to cause downtime for literally days migrating everyone all at once.

Sounds good to me!
--

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc
Wow many users with issues I can only imagine the overall support problems with the TSI customer base since the users here only represent a tiny fraction of them.

I replaced my mail server last year. I'm sure only a fraction of the email accounts as TSI and we had support issues for days .
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

veriphone

join:2011-01-29
reply to TSI Gabe
Hi again Gabe,

just sent you couple PM's requiring your immediate attention please. Just finished talking to Will on the phone, The email problem persist and is not fixed yet and probably will not be until tomorrow at the earliest from what I understand. Will is doing great job but problem seems to be bigger than everyone expected...Anyhow...I PM'-ED you as I think you are the only one who can help me with something that is extremely important and time crucial. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions.
Thanks.

sjgarg

join:2010-12-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Wow, the problems are weird.

First, I'm using pop3 with thunderbird. I leave it open all day while I'm working to keep an eye out for new orders and customer emails.

This morning, email wasn't working. After browsing here and seeing the problems people reported and reading the email TSI sent out, they never told us that the upgrade would affect pop3... w/e.

So I put in my full email addressES to my accountS and nothing. After 23 min on hold this morning, I discover I've been entering my passwords incorrectly on each accounts... Strangely all passwords were suddenly capitalized. So w/e. It was fixed and was working all afternoon.

Now here we are in the evening, and now it's not working again... neither username nor username@teksavvy.com are working, neither regular nor capitalized passwords are working, all in thunderbird, yet I can log into webmail perfectly fine...
Expand your moderator at work

hockeynomad

join:2007-06-19
Mississauga, ON
reply to JonF

said by JonF:

What browser and version are you using?

chrome Version 23.0.1271.95 m

I keep hitting "clear browsing history" it does not clear

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to TSI Marc
where did hte https go?
not using email via that method no more then....
let me know when you have a secure email service.

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to sjgarg
Click for full size

Please verify your email settings for Thunderbird.

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to hockeynomad
Could you try a different browser? I have tried it on 3 different connections so far, (home DSL, Home Cable, and here at the office) if another browser does not work, try another computer?

hockeynomad

Mississauga, ON

2 edits
reply to TSI Gabe
said by TSI Gabe:

About the address book.

You can login to the old web mail using the following url

»mail.teksavvy.com

Go ahead and export all your contacts

Then go to the following web site

»webmail.teksavvy.com/convert/

Convert the file to vcard format

And then import said file into the new webmail system.

I realize this isn't entirely straightforward but that's the only reliable way we found to do so.

I can access the old Webmail site.
How do you convert address.csv file to vcard?

OK I see

-----------------------------
what is the new webmail link?

The old webmail url appears functional.
Outlook 2010 not.

I wish there was a how-to email. Only email was notification of webmail changes.

------------------------------------------------------
Go ahead ignore, me. TS has seen better days.

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Sorry for the long delay.

The Link for the new Teksavvy Webmail is:

webmail.teksavvy.com

Also for the How to section on our website is here:

»teksavvy.com/en/support/product/internet

If you need anything else please let us know.
--
TSI Jon F (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

veriphone

join:2011-01-29
reply to TSI Marc
I'll make a separate post about this but briefly here as a follow up to my problem I've been having with my email all day...

1) I have IMAP based email using Thunderbird . Using it for years never had a problem.
2) This morning it asked for username so I changed it accordingly to the instructions. - Spoke to 7 different tech support guys...up to their top Network guys...none of them was able to find the problem....
3) Finally I was told a min ago by GABE that my email has reached its limit right at the same time they did the change
4) As a result bunch of incoming emails bounced today....Most importantly among them was a very important critical to me email. One I've been working to get for years. Don't want to disclose private info but a very critical email. I have no idea how I can follow up on it now and what the people who sent it to me will think of all this mess.
5) In the process someone from TSI managed to erase all my sent emails and now my sent folder is empty of emails I've had there for years
6) All Gabe was able to say is that they can't do anything about all the bounced emails including the very important one.
7) It took close to 10 hrs fro them to find out the problem was caused by the limit. No notice, no word by anyone about it all day. If someone was able to tell me earlier this morning things could have been done to prevent most emails from bouncing. Again...no one did anything for 10 hours!!!! 7 different people!!!

Needless to say how totally disappointed I am now with the terrible service I have received today. Still can't believe the devastation I have to deal with now as a result of actions (or lack of others).

I told Gabe I will make sure more people read about what happened to me today so every one can make their own conclusions.

One extremely unhappy TSI customer!!!

hockeynomad

Mississauga, ON
reply to JonF
webmail done.

the how to link is:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

How can I adjust MS Outlook 2010?

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Called - Glad we have the issue resolved. If you need anything let me know.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to soundtech
said by soundtech:

1. While composing, a save error window pops up every 15-20 seconds. It is very irritating, and any typing done while the pop-up is in place is lost.

I have this same issue. Is there a resolution for this?

Sears

join:2008-02-17
reply to TSI Marc
One more thing guys, in the future when you get time.. some sort of fast login or keep me signed in cookie would be great.

Cheers.

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
I use lastpass at home, Has a auto log in feature, and it's free!

»lastpass.com/

hockeynomad

Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Teksavvy called me last night and we sorted it out.

Now that's service.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Can't delete my emails in webmail, do I just make a direct forum post or will this sort itself out in time?

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC
kudos:7
Go under settings -> Preferences -> Special Folder

Make sure the Trash folder is mapped to an existing Folder

Curmudgeon

join:2012-04-09
reply to JonF

OT: Newsletter

said by JonF:

No problem. In the future, to prevent these things from happening, I would verify your subscription to our newsletter just to make sure that you are getting all of our email notifications.

I unsubscribed from your newsletter because you are using a third-party mailing service (infusionsoft). When you move your bulk mail in-house, I'll be happy to subscribe.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
said by Curmudgeon:

said by JonF:

No problem. In the future, to prevent these things from happening, I would verify your subscription to our newsletter just to make sure that you are getting all of our email notifications.

I unsubscribed from your newsletter because you are using a third-party mailing service (infusionsoft). When you move your bulk mail in-house, I'll be happy to subscribe.

And what is wrong with a 3rd party mailing service?

Curmudgeon

join:2012-04-09

1 recommendation

said by rogersmogers :

said by Curmudgeon:

said by JonF:

And what is wrong with a 3rd party mailing service?

Privacy. I don't want teksavvy giving out my e-mail address to anyone else, especially potential spammers.

DrZEUS

join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

My emails are no longer being forwarded and my autoresponder is also no longer working! Moreover, I can't for the life of me find anywhere in the settings where to re-configure these.

pulp46
Premium
join:2003-01-28
reply to Curmudgeon

Re: OT: Newsletter

said by Curmudgeon:

Privacy. I don't want teksavvy giving out my e-mail address to anyone else, especially potential spammers.

Just started receiving SPAM since the change. No big deal because I use tek.addy for throwaway stuff but.... have a valid point there.

notyours

@204.101.17.x
reply to Curmudgeon
said by Curmudgeon:

It is not your email address. It belongs to TSI.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to TSI Gabe

said by TSI Gabe:

Go under settings -> Preferences -> Special Folder

Make sure the Trash folder is mapped to an existing Folder

No dice ..... 0/10 for this one TSI...it shouldn't be rocket science to delete emails....they should just delete when you hit the button....

Also haven't received my January invoice yet....hope that will be coming soon as usually you send it 10 days before its due and I believe that would have been yesterday....