Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hockeynomad

join:2007-06-19
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Mail server and Webmail upgrade

Teksavvy called me last night and we sorted it out.

Now that's service.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Can't delete my emails in webmail, do I just make a direct forum post or will this sort itself out in time?

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC
kudos:7
Go under settings -> Preferences -> Special Folder

Make sure the Trash folder is mapped to an existing Folder

Curmudgeon

join:2012-04-09
reply to JonF

OT: Newsletter

said by JonF:

No problem. In the future, to prevent these things from happening, I would verify your subscription to our newsletter just to make sure that you are getting all of our email notifications.

I unsubscribed from your newsletter because you are using a third-party mailing service (infusionsoft). When you move your bulk mail in-house, I'll be happy to subscribe.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
said by Curmudgeon:

said by JonF:

No problem. In the future, to prevent these things from happening, I would verify your subscription to our newsletter just to make sure that you are getting all of our email notifications.

I unsubscribed from your newsletter because you are using a third-party mailing service (infusionsoft). When you move your bulk mail in-house, I'll be happy to subscribe.

And what is wrong with a 3rd party mailing service?

Curmudgeon

1 recommendation

said by rogersmogers :

said by Curmudgeon:

said by JonF:

And what is wrong with a 3rd party mailing service?

Privacy. I don't want teksavvy giving out my e-mail address to anyone else, especially potential spammers.

DrZEUS

join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

My emails are no longer being forwarded and my autoresponder is also no longer working! Moreover, I can't for the life of me find anywhere in the settings where to re-configure these.

pulp46
Premium
join:2003-01-28
reply to Curmudgeon

Re: OT: Newsletter

said by Curmudgeon:

Privacy. I don't want teksavvy giving out my e-mail address to anyone else, especially potential spammers.

Just started receiving SPAM since the change. No big deal because I use tek.addy for throwaway stuff but.... have a valid point there.

notyours

@204.101.17.x
reply to Curmudgeon
said by Curmudgeon:

It is not your email address. It belongs to TSI.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to TSI Gabe

said by TSI Gabe:

Go under settings -> Preferences -> Special Folder

Make sure the Trash folder is mapped to an existing Folder

No dice ..... 0/10 for this one TSI...it shouldn't be rocket science to delete emails....they should just delete when you hit the button....

Also haven't received my January invoice yet....hope that will be coming soon as usually you send it 10 days before its due and I believe that would have been yesterday....

discoblues

join:2009-10-29
Pickering, ON
I've had my tektalk Voicemail fwd to my @teksavvy.com mail address - from there i have them fwd to both me and my wife's gmail accounts (convoluted i know)

I just noticed i hadnt been getting voicemail forwarded to me....
but its been like this for at least a couple of weeks.

Is this due to the new system ? Or is it because my mailbox was possibly full? (i just deleted a bunch of email)

If its because it was full - whats the size limit?

Sears

join:2008-02-17
reply to DrZEUS
said by DrZEUS:

My emails are no longer being forwarded and my autoresponder is also no longer working! Moreover, I can't for the life of me find anywhere in the settings where to re-configure these.

You'll have to contact them to set up a forwarding address for the time being.

Bittersweet

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc
Can't delete email, keeps getting a server error upon deletion.

JonF
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
If a you is unable to delete emails from webmail.teksavvy.com, try the following steps to see if it corrects the issue:

1. Click on Settings on Top Right hand corner
2. Click on Folders and verify if the Trash Folder is there. Add it, if necessary.
3. Click on Preferences and then click on Special Folders
4. Click on dropdown and choose Trash
--
TSI Jon F (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Grump

join:2012-11-07
London, ON
I don't use your webmail, but I suggest these roundcube settings in main.inc.php, will save your users modifying stuff.

// display these folders separately in the mailbox list.
// these folders will also be displayed with localized names
$rcmail_config['default_imap_folders'] = array('INBOX', 'Drafts', 'Sent', 'spam', 'Trash');

// automatically create the above listed default folders on login
$rcmail_config['create_default_folders'] = true;

// protect the default folders from renames, deletes, and subscription changes
$rcmail_config['protect_default_folders'] = true;

WalrusWalrus

join:2010-03-30
reply to TSI Marc
Had to completely delete and re-add our accounts on my playbook, but nothing works on it. On my laptop in Outlook, I have stopped receiving emails, but I can send. Related?

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC
kudos:7
reply to Grump
we already have those exact settings enabled.

The issue is a little more complicated than that.

email

@teksavvy.com
reply to WalrusWalrus
I have the same problem this evening and so does my sister. I just posted the question about an hour ago in this forum.

Montreal DSL

join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL
reply to WalrusWalrus
Have the same issues as well

Waiting for a fix

EDIT: Just came back to life! Thanks guys!

UnixMan

join:2012-10-14
reply to TSI Marc
It seems to me there is a security bug: simply type in your browser »webmail.teksavvy.com and open the main page. You'll find out that HTTP traffic is not getting redirected to HTTPS. So, username and password you may enter go via network unencrypted (and probably all content after it if you logged in without use of SSL. I didn't test it because I don't use ISP e-mails).

Curmudgeon

reply to pulp46

Re: OT: Newsletter

said by pulp46:

said by Curmudgeon:

Just started receiving SPAM since the change. No big deal because I use tek.addy for throwaway stuff but.... have a valid point there.

Like you, I don't use my @teksavvy.com address for anything much, so I thought I would follow your example and re-subscribe to the newsletter using it. As I expected, the "submit" button on the form is a link to infusionsoft.com. Guess what? The link is broken. Why am I not surprised?

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
reply to TSI Marc

Is there an option (preference) not to show that folder list on the left like that?

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
I guess there isn't, but we can still use the old webmail?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by bbiab:

I guess there isn't, but we can still use the old webmail?

It is available at mail.teksavvy.com. I'm not sure how much longer that will be available though. Gabe should know

Mosport

@teksavvy.com
I've been a long time customer. This change to the *new* webmail seems to have been a ham handed upgrade. I'm currently having to use the *old* webmail to work from as the new one is a disaster. I have two tickets in and in both cases the fixes suggested have not worked. My spouse is completely over the top on this and wants to quit Teksavvy. She's also upset at the speed drop on service over the last year or so and I have to agree with her on that point.

I've spent way too much time trying to solve the missing folders issues for both of us, the missing address books, the greyed out controls on the settings area. What a joke. (sigh) Now I have to fire up my old G mail account and begin the notice round around with everyone in my address list as I simply have had enough.

Spent hours on the phone WAITING the other night - got *some* of the folders working. Still couldn't delete anything on the new site - had to over to the old site to do this. Bradley is the only tech to be able to solves these issues - three emails later. Hats off to him - but a dart at the Teksavvy brain trust up in the Teksavvy tower...

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
Mosport,

Most of the things that you have listed for your email, can be fixed if you'll allow me. Just PM me your account info.

I understand the frustration that you are having, having to wait on the phone or have long dialog conversations over email. With your permission, I will be taking care of you from here on out.

Let me know when you are ready to proceed.
--
TSI Jon F (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to TSI Marc
like i said when you get https on webmail ill use it till then ive stopped and i haven't touched email since and ive stopped using tsi mail

funny0

reply to TSI Marc
Login failed.
cant remember what my login is for sure nor password
haha you can cancel my email
i aint using it no more anyways

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to funny0
Https is active on the new webmail...

funny0

1 edit
reply to funny0
ugh ill call tomorrow and get my pass thanks !!! see this is why i like you guys....
forgot you have to include @teksavvy.com ergo your full email addy ( ya even i ferget to read somedays lol works great looks nice btw and thanks for adding https)