uniqs
share rss forum feed

Curmudgeon

join:2012-04-09
reply to pulp46

Re: OT: Newsletter

said by pulp46:

said by Curmudgeon:

Privacy. I don't want teksavvy giving out my e-mail address to anyone else, especially potential spammers.

Just started receiving SPAM since the change. No big deal because I use tek.addy for throwaway stuff but.... have a valid point there.

Like you, I don't use my @teksavvy.com address for anything much, so I thought I would follow your example and re-subscribe to the newsletter using it. As I expected, the "submit" button on the form is a link to infusionsoft.com. Guess what? The link is broken. Why am I not surprised?

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Mail server and Webmail upgrade

Is there an option (preference) not to show that folder list on the left like that?

bbiab

I guess there isn't, but we can still use the old webmail?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by bbiab:

I guess there isn't, but we can still use the old webmail?

It is available at mail.teksavvy.com. I'm not sure how much longer that will be available though. Gabe should know

Mosport

@teksavvy.com
I've been a long time customer. This change to the *new* webmail seems to have been a ham handed upgrade. I'm currently having to use the *old* webmail to work from as the new one is a disaster. I have two tickets in and in both cases the fixes suggested have not worked. My spouse is completely over the top on this and wants to quit Teksavvy. She's also upset at the speed drop on service over the last year or so and I have to agree with her on that point.

I've spent way too much time trying to solve the missing folders issues for both of us, the missing address books, the greyed out controls on the settings area. What a joke. (sigh) Now I have to fire up my old G mail account and begin the notice round around with everyone in my address list as I simply have had enough.

Spent hours on the phone WAITING the other night - got *some* of the folders working. Still couldn't delete anything on the new site - had to over to the old site to do this. Bradley is the only tech to be able to solves these issues - three emails later. Hats off to him - but a dart at the Teksavvy brain trust up in the Teksavvy tower...

JonF
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
Mosport,

Most of the things that you have listed for your email, can be fixed if you'll allow me. Just PM me your account info.

I understand the frustration that you are having, having to wait on the phone or have long dialog conversations over email. With your permission, I will be taking care of you from here on out.

Let me know when you are ready to proceed.
--
TSI Jon F (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to TSI Marc
like i said when you get https on webmail ill use it till then ive stopped and i haven't touched email since and ive stopped using tsi mail

funny0

reply to TSI Marc
Login failed.
cant remember what my login is for sure nor password
haha you can cancel my email
i aint using it no more anyways

JonF
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
reply to funny0
Https is active on the new webmail...

funny0

1 edit
reply to funny0
ugh ill call tomorrow and get my pass thanks !!! see this is why i like you guys....
forgot you have to include @teksavvy.com ergo your full email addy ( ya even i ferget to read somedays lol works great looks nice btw and thanks for adding https)

Gwai Lo Dan

join:2007-01-24
L5B 0C8
reply to JonF
I find the new webmail has a couple issues. First when composing emails, I get an error about it not being able to save (and I didn't ask it to save). Second when viewing emails, sometimes they don't readily display.

The old webmail worked without issues. Is the new webmail supposed to be better in some way?

bbiab

reply to TSI Marc
Will this thing be upgraded at some point, and is there a forwarder? Can you be specific as to the prognosis for the old webmail?

Gwai Lo Dan

join:2007-01-24
L5B 0C8
I switched back to the old webmail at mail.teksavvy.com. I find it much better.

bbiab

I know, it's not even close. Is TSI going to respond to this oh so unexciting feature or it is free so who cares?

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC
kudos:7
reply to Gwai Lo Dan
said by Gwai Lo Dan:

I find the new webmail has a couple issues. First when composing emails, I get an error about it not being able to save (and I didn't ask it to save). Second when viewing emails, sometimes they don't readily display.

The old webmail worked without issues. Is the new webmail supposed to be better in some way?

Go under Settings -> Preferences -> Special folder, make sure all the folders are mapped properly. (Draft specifically in your case)
--
TSI Gabe - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Thanks for that tip. I was also getting the error while writing emails. I had checked my Drafts folder previously but must have missed this step.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to TSI Gabe
Gabe is there any news regarding the forwarding feature in the new webmail?
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC
kudos:7
yeah working on it, this can only be done once everyone has been fully migrated. Which could be another month or two.

jdoe71

join:2008-02-07
L0L0L0
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to TSI Marc
Add me to the list of not happy. This new webmail is useless on my mobile devices. Frames can't be resized so with the default setup there is a tiny little window to view a message in and it is too small to see anything but 1 line. Autopreview is on by default and I can't change the UI to turn off auto preview because the Save button is missing on the first two options pages, it's there on the other pages but does nothing. This is happening on a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet with the default browser, Dolphin and Firefox and also on my Nokia E5 phone. There also appear to be no client/server rules anymore which I used to keep junk from being downloaded to my client and it was very useful for that. I hope the old one stays around a long time, it is way more functional. Also the issue of trying to get your addresses over was a massive pain the a$$. This new one is not useable at all for me on mobile and that's very important. Might have been worthwhile to do a public beta on this before jumping in.

bbiab

reply to TSI Marc
I found where you can select which columns to display, but is there a way to adjust the width of the columns? The whole thing is still too wide, even after removing columns. Even better would be a way to remove the left pane.