Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

loki555

join:2012-02-08
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Mail server and Webmail upgrade

Beau travail les gars. En esperant que y'a le moins de downtime possible.

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:7
reply to cmotors

can you PM me your email address?

ForSaken

join:2009-07-15
Essex, ON
reply to TSI Gabe

ive logged in an oout a couple times I do not have a TRASH but i have a deleted items folder

and it still doesnt work

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

It seems to be related to needing a "Trash" folder

»trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1485017

It's supposed to be there by default, will find out why.

For now what you can do is manually create it. Name it Trash with a capital T.
--
TSI Gabe - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

ForSaken

join:2009-07-15
Essex, ON

Error while saving New Folder

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

pm me your email

Chico

@teksavvy.com
reply to cmotors

Same here, I've enabled all the folders but still no joy deleting messages. Getting same error as ya'll.

Chico

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Gabe

Tried to create a Trash folder but getting the "An error occured while saving." messege.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Gabe

I did not have a trash folder when I did my initial review in the second post of this thread. I thought this was odd at the time. I was also missing Drafts and Sent. The navigation area on the left only showed Inbox.

I was able to delete an email without issue though. My BB though is not synched anymore, have to re-auth the account looks like.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to TSI Marc

Looks great!

Finally something more polished than a default open source mail setup, which while functional, looks ameteurish...

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

The problem appears to be in your case that your Trash folder was disabled. I simply enabled it and everything then worked fine.

cmotors

join:2011-01-28
reply to TSI Gabe

Working good now, thanks. Definitely appreciate all the hard work you guys have done to get this going.

Fed Up

join:2007-02-19
m4m2v
reply to TSI Marc

I think I figured out how to delete a message. At first I also could not delete a message when trying the new webmail.teksavvy.com

. "An error occured, connection to storage server failed) I have subscribed to all my other folders (initially it was just inbox that was subscribed) so that trash and other folders show up.

I then had to go to special folders and map the trash, drafts, sent folders to my original ones and I was able to delete. (Don't have a junk folder yet but guess I could create one.)

There is an odd habit of the folder list and preview area just going gray and I have to click on the screen to make them reappear. The folders list appears to go to a small gray bar near the top. Same happens when opening an email. It may be the older IE7 being used on this laptop but not a great start. Think I will stick with the mail.teksavvy.com version for now.

Another major issue is that it did not migrate over my addresses so now I have to go add them all again or find a way to migrate them over. Also, it does not show the total number of messages and unread count. It only displays the unread amount.

Another issue, your email on the 6th said another email would come on the 11th. I never received any.

Let not started with all the pop3 accounts that I now have to figure out why they are not connecting on my devices. Are there new incoming and outgoing server settings?

I love Teksavvy, but so far this is the worst migration I have seen in a while.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

Can you try changing your email address to the full email address like "example@teksavvy.com".

It is the same server settings, just need to change the username to the full email.

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Fed Up

About the address book.

You can login to the old web mail using the following url

»mail.teksavvy.com

Go ahead and export all your contacts

Then go to the following web site

»webmail.teksavvy.com/convert/

Convert the file to vcard format

And then import said file into the new webmail system.

I realize this isn't entirely straightforward but that's the only reliable way we found to do so.
--
TSI Gabe - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Joe_cdn

@xerox.com
reply to TSI Marc

I am having odd issues with the new webmail. I log in fine but...
I can't open the email in a full window, when I double click, it takes me out of IE and into Excel for some reason.

When I delete an email, it doesn't automatically go to the next one. When I click on the next one, it again takes me out of the IE window and into Excel.

Anyway, not a big deal but thought I would see if it is just me or not.

Fed Up

m4m2v
reply to TSI Gabe

Address book imported fine. Thanks. Not Grandma friendly but easy enough.

Fed Up

m4m2v
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

Can you try changing your email address to the full email address like "example@teksavvy.com".

It is the same server settings, just need to change the username to the full email.

At least on my Samsung Galaxy, you cannot change the username. It is greyed out. Had to delete the account and recreate it with the '@teksavvy' in the user name.

Have to fire up some other computers later to adjust the outlook settings. I should really just start using webmail only but the graying out and having to grab a resize bar to make emails readable in the current version is a pain.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Gabe

Gabe, one option I do not see in the new webmail is a forward-to address...

In the old mail i had all the email forwarded to my Gmail account...

The forwarding still works, but I'm assuming it's because the old webmail interface still works at mail.teksavvy.com

Will this keep on working, or will it eventually stop? Is it easy to add the forwarding function in the new webmail?
--

veriphone1

@teksavvy.com

My email doesn't work even after changing the user name in Thunderbird. When testing it works on the way out but not the way in. I.e. I can send test email from my tecksavvy account to my Yahoo account and it works fine. But the opposite doesn't - i.e. when sending test email from my Yahoo account to my Teksavvy account it goes out, no error message but I don't receive it in my Teksavvy inbox.
When checking the webmail at Teksavvy...it too doesn't have of my test emails in the inbox. So definitely the outgoing works but the incoming does NOT. Need help please ...

veriphone

join:2011-01-29
reply to TSI Marc

Spoke to support on the phone (after a lengthy wait on hold) only to hear from the guy he cannot help me and that I should post here...so here it is....hope someone can fix this whole mess with the emails today ...and SOON!!!! Not too happy about it right now for sure.

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

2 edits

Hi Veriphone,

Can you PM me your account info TSI Jon See Profile and I will look into it for you.

thank you,

TSI Jonathan

Fed Up

m4m2v
reply to TSI Marc

Tried another laptop running IE8 and it looks good. No graying or disappearing so it appears the new interface is not IE7 friendly. Also looks fine in opera mobile on the phone and tablets.

Mario168

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

2 issues with the new mail system:

1. Teksavvy has a DSL connection ID that is the full email address, and the email address is identical. So.....since email programs remember the email ID and we forget, the announcement email from TekSavvy should have reminded clients that their OLD userid was their email address PREFIX, and to now use their full email address as their "NEW" ID.

When I read the announcement, I thought "no action required" on my part. It was only today that I realized I had to update the email ID.

2. MORE IMPORTANTLY, the new system has generated DOZENS of BLANK incoming emails! Identified as NO SENDER, with no subject and no content on my iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch). On the iOS devices, the blank incoming emails CANNOT BE SELECTED FOR DELETION ! Please help !

Note, that incoming blank emails from Teksavvy servers had happened in the past, on a "one off" basis. Sort of "ghost" emails that kept downloading. However, these could be VIEWED and DELETED directly in Teksavvy's Webmail. That solved the problem.

Today's blank / ghost emails cannot be viewed in Webmail. So I cannot get rid of them. I have just spoken to Teksavvy tech support. They were unable to help. Can someone address this problem please !

Note that my computer email program (Mac Mail) does NOT download these "ghost" emails. Issue seems to be restricted to iOS devices (do not know if Android or BB devices have the same issue).

Can someone help !?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to veriphone

said by veriphone:

Spoke to support on the phone (after a lengthy wait on hold) only to hear from the guy he cannot help me and that I should post here...so here it is....hope someone can fix this whole mess with the emails today ...and SOON!!!! Not too happy about it right now for sure.

Ouch! That definitely should not have happened. Please PM Jonathan your info and he will help you get this resolved. We will also look into coaching that associate.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

Chicoman

join:2009-03-08
canada
reply to Fed Up

said by Fed Up:

I think I figured out how to delete a message. At first I also could not delete a message when trying the new webmail.teksavvy.com

. "An error occured, connection to storage server failed) I have subscribed to all my other folders (initially it was just inbox that was subscribed) so that trash and other folders show up.

I then had to go to special folders and map the trash, drafts, sent folders to my original ones and I was able to delete. (Don't have a junk folder yet but guess I could create one.)

There is an odd habit of the folder list and preview area just going gray and I have to click on the screen to make them reappear. The folders list appears to go to a small gray bar near the top. Same happens when opening an email. It may be the older IE7 being used on this laptop but not a great start. Think I will stick with the mail.teksavvy.com version for now.

Fed Up's solution on deleting messages worked for me
Thanks.
--
Kitchener, ON

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Mario168

Hi Mario,

The "Ghost" email issue is something that happened a little while ago that we fixed and shouldn't occur again.

We are able to fix this for you. Could you please provide me your email via PM and we will get it fixed for you.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

veriphone

reply to TSI Jon

PM sent to you.

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

I just emailed you directly to your yahoo account to get some more info from you.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
--
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

veriphone

Got it and replied back to you with details requested.