TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

2 edits

Website update

Gang,

We've updated our web site with a few fixes. The most significant one is our qualification tool.

It now only asks for your postal code. We've done extensive testing on this to try to get it just right and I think it's pretty good.

Have a look and let us know what you think.

The web forms have also been adjusted to take the general qualification and to do a further qualification test as you try to proceed to place an order...

Edit: other cool new feature is that it will auto select you're province if you don't already have it set.

--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2

Wow you guys don't stop! Lots going on it seems. Going to test the qual tool and see what it spits out. I'm still curious if VDSl 25/10 is available at my addy.

creed3020
Premium
Kitchener, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

..double post

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to TSI Marc

Finally, the postal code is much much better!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

pretty slick isn't it? the R&D team did mad testing on it.. they tested thousands and thousands of entries..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc

You know what would be cool? If a user could enter their postal code on the front page (rather than a sub-page like DSL), and it would tell them all the services you qualify for. For example, rather than going to DSL and checking there, then going to Cable and checking there, you could just enter your postal code once, and it would show you:

Your local telephone provider is Bell Canada. You qualify for the following services:
High Speed DSL 6
High Speed DSL 10
High Speed DSL 15
High Speed DSL 25

Your local cable provider is Videotron. You qualify for the following services:
Basic Cable 3
Express Cable 8
Extreme Cable 15
Ultimate Cable 30
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Expand your moderator at work

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Guspaz

Re: Website update

yep I agree. that's on the backlog..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

creed3020
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Guspaz

That exact same thought came to mind when I flipping between the DSL and Cable pages. It just made more sense to show exactly what was available across the whole spectrum of TSI products.

This would make product comparison much easier. This isn't possible with the current design.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
reply to TSI Marc

When is the Lantern tool going to be fixed in the portal?

Thanks,

Zacron
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

Gimli
Premium
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4

said by zacron:

Thanks,

Zacron

It was fixed months ago....

zacron
Premium
canada

said by Gimli:

said by zacron:

Thanks,

Zacron

It's error-ing again... So I would say that it's in need of yet another review.
--

Gimli
Premium
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4

said by zacron:

said by Gimli:

said by zacron:

Thanks,

Zacron

It's error-ing again... So I would say that it's in need of yet another review.

You are correct..... *sigh*

zacron
Premium
canada

I am pretty sure it's another bell "update". I wish they'd leave well enough alone or help us to see the stats easier from ecare or something. idk.

Zacron
--

jagerman

join:2011-01-10
Kingston, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Edit: other cool new feature is that it will auto select you're province if you don't already have it set.

That would be cool, if the website only tried to set it when unset and not actually use the province you've set. It appears to have a rather serious bug related to this: I punched in my home postal code (in Ontario Cogeco land), hit submit, and saw various cable internet offers, and thought hey, wow, TSI services Cogecoland now!

Sadly, it was not to be: the website had autodetected me as coming from Quebec (perhaps because I'm using internet over Telus Mobility right now, which is NAT with a public IP in Quebec?), and despite the fact that I entered an Ontario postal code, I got shown Quebec offerings. When I changed the website to Ontario, I go back to no cable offerings available.

So really, despite the extensive testing, it has a pretty major bug: it doesn't just set the currently selected province, it actually uses it for the results (despite the fact that the postal code uniquely identifies the province)! Thus, if I select Quebec, I can't look up service for Ontario postal codes, or (presumably) vice versa.

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Gang,

We've updated our web site with a few fixes. The most significant one is our qualification tool.

OK, so you called my bluff, but the Glossary page still needs fixing as per »Re: [DSL] Betty Behave