Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

1 recommendation

J E F F4 to Sukunai

Premium Member

to Sukunai

Re: M e r r y C h r i s t m a s !

Technically the origins of Christmas aren't Christian at all..yeah, I'm being a killjoy and all...

December 25 used to be a pagan holiday to worship the Sun god and it's rebirth. (since that would have been when they noticed the days getting longer) At some point, the Roman Catholic church (the pope in fact) degreed that the pagan holiday (because the converts still wanted to celebrate the holidays) would be Jesus birthdate. Most of the rituals that go along with Christmas like the tree, gift exchange, children being sacrificed and kissing under mistletoe (having to do with sperm and stuff) originated long before Jesus even roamed the other.

During the 15-17 centuries, Great Britain had banned the practice of the Catholics celebrating this holiday and some believe that is where the "12 Days" of Christmas song came along - the catholic kids could recite the song. Others believe the "12 Days" were the difference between what the Catholic said the birth of the Christ was (December 25) and what the eastern thought the birth date was (January 6).

Whatever the case, though, it didn't have Christian beginnings.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Well all of the other things that we do at Christmas are not Christian but the origins of Christmas certainly is. It is the celebration of Jesus' birth, plain and simple. As to what actual day that is we do not know know.

CyberCam
join:2008-04-21
Whitby, ON

CyberCam to J E F F4

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

Technically the origins of Christmas aren't Christian at all..yeah, I'm being a killjoy and all...

December 25 used to be a pagan holiday to worship the Sun god and it's rebirth. (since that would have been when they noticed the days getting longer) At some point, the Roman Catholic church (the pope in fact) degreed that the pagan holiday (because the converts still wanted to celebrate the holidays) would be Jesus birthdate. Most of the rituals that go along with Christmas like the tree, gift exchange, children being sacrificed and kissing under mistletoe (having to do with sperm and stuff) originated long before Jesus even roamed the other.

During the 15-17 centuries, Great Britain had banned the practice of the Catholics celebrating this holiday and some believe that is where the "12 Days" of Christmas song came along - the catholic kids could recite the song. Others believe the "12 Days" were the difference between what the Catholic said the birth of the Christ was (December 25) and what the eastern thought the birth date was (January 6).

Whatever the case, though, it didn't have Christian beginnings.

WOW! Someone that actually knows REAL history, I'm impressed! That's a very rare thing these days! Many of our customs came from ancient babylon satanic customs... they're just rebranded as new age crap which the majority of people, that don't know any better, believe to be new.

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee to J E F F4

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

Most of the rituals that go along with Christmas like the tree, gift exchange, children being sacrificed and kissing under mistletoe (having to do with sperm and stuff) originated long before Jesus even roamed the other.

Now there's one Christmas tradition I'm glad didn't catch on.

I was indoctrinated Roman Catholic as a child. By the time I was 12, I saw it for the scam that it was and stopped going to church. So clearly I'm not 'religious' in the organized religion sense of the word.

I positively hate the Christmas music about Santa coming down Santa Claus Lane, Grandma kissing Santa, and red-nosed reindeer; and yet I still get goose-bumps listening to the classical religious carols.. Go figure!

Merry Christmas ! Gesundheit alles.

anon1
@teksavvy.com

anon1 to J E F F4

Anon

to J E F F4
News Hour -
Christmas trees versus holiday trees
Fri, Dec 21: Some GTA malls now refer to their Christmas trees as holiday trees so we find out the significance of the tree and why it's named after Christmas. Minna Rhee reports.

»www.globaltoronto.com/vi ··· dd#video

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

Over the top.

What is wrong with these overly politically correct Canadians!? Jews all over the world refer to them, decorated in that manner, as "christmas trees" and even grow them in Israel to sell to Christians at Christmas time, as do Muslims in countries that host Christians, sometimes refer to them as "christmas tree" in plain english and sometimes even decorate their malls with them, so what faith is upset about "Christmas tree"!? Sikhs? Hindu? I doubt that.

I bet you the amount of people that are incensed over the name change to 'Holiday tree' overwhelm the zero people upset about the word 'Christmas tree'.

"We have zero complaints so we're going to change Christmas to Holiday... just in case."

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs

said by urbanriot:

Over the top.

What is wrong with these overly politically correct Canadians!? Jews all over the world refer to them, decorated in that manner, as "christmas trees" and even grow them in Israel to sell to Christians at Christmas time, as do Muslims in countries that host Christians, sometimes refer to them as "christmas tree" in plain english and sometimes even decorate their malls with them, so what faith is upset about "Christmas tree"!? Sikhs? Hindu? I doubt that.

I bet you the amount of people that are incensed over the name change to 'Holiday tree' overwhelm the zero people upset about the word 'Christmas tree'.

"We have zero complaints so we're going to change Christmas to Holiday... just in case."

somebody needs a drink or two. or in other words calm down bro.
And how come you forgot to add Muslims to that list. Stop watching Foxnes bro.

"‘Political correctness is diluting Christmas,’ Vancouver-area Conservative Sikh MP says" National Post.

Merry Christmas everyone.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by loosedobbs:

said by urbanriot:

as do Muslims in countries that host Christians, sometimes refer to them as "christmas tree" in plain english and sometimes even decorate their malls with them

somebody needs a drink or two. or in other words calm down bro.
And how come you forgot to add Muslims to that list. Stop watching Foxnes bro.

hey bro no idea what foxnes is bro. but learn to read bro.