how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dodge
Premium
join:2002-11-27

Free basic cable and boxes

CV is calling me every day offering free basic cable and free cable box to go along with it until 2014 (I have OOL and OV from them right now). They are saying something about antennas not working anymore as of 12/12. Is there a catch somewhere, or should I just take them up on this, since free is free?

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

Sounds very suspicious to me. What is the number on the caller ID? Call the Sales Dept and confirm the deal if you want it. The promo is worth around $25.00 per month if broadcast basic is the free package until 2014.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Dodge

they are probably referring to the fact that analog will no longer be available after 12/12 in your area

if you don't have video service with them now, nothing will change on your end

antennas will continue to work just fine

just a misinformed sale rep or not

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

2 recommendations

reply to Dodge

I think they are referring to upcoming end of the world. Getting free basic cable from them will help you to get through it.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Dodge

I would take it, but find out more details first and confirm its legit.
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

blohner

join:2002-06-26
Cortlandt Manor, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Optimum Online
reply to Dodge

I only have OOL and they offered me basic for $10 for 'ever' on a recent service related call.... Maybe there are some specials ongoing to lure non video customers into the fold...
--
I am addicted to speed --- Boost + speed that is ---

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

said by blohner:

I only have OOL and they offered me basic for $10 for 'ever'

Isn't that how much it normally cost?
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Dodge

said by Dodge:

CV is calling me every day offering free basic cable and free cable box to go along with it until 2014 (I have OOL and OV from them right now). They are saying something about antennas not working anymore as of 12/12. Is there a catch somewhere, or should I just take them up on this, since free is free?

Either you or them misunderstood something about them switching to digital signal/encrypting all channels(including broadcast basic)
Or they intentionally lying/misleading you to sell service.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

It could be a promo where bundling nets it free, and the boxes would be free from the digital conversion. I have no idea if such a promo exists.

CV has no bearing on antenna channels, so you probably would have heard something locally in the news/newspaper if there were changes to OTA reception. You can check channel lineup for basic and see if it's beneficial to you to get service through CV. It would give access to free on demand, too.

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
reply to MxxCon

said by MxxCon:

said by blohner:

I only have OOL and they offered me basic for $10 for 'ever'

Isn't that how much it normally cost?

The price varies by system, on mine BB costs $16.72 but in Newark, NJ it's only $9.32

blohner

join:2002-06-26
Cortlandt Manor, NY

I wasn't aware of that... - Didn't take the offer either way as I spend so much time in front of the computer and Netflix that I simply don't watch regular TV...
--
I am addicted to speed --- Boost + speed that is ---