join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to shwatkin

Premium Member

to shwatkin

Re: VPN providers

said by shwatkin:

Been using boxpn for a while now and the speeds are good

The speeds you quoted, are you getting that throughput using PPTP / L2TP + SSTP?

Looks promising. Thanks.

Mike

shwatkin
Premium Member
join:2007-10-02
Newcastle, ON

shwatkin

Premium Member

Mike, those speeds are via PPTP/L2TP. I didn't bother with the SSTP account, figured 256-bit encryption would be good enough. It's really easy to choose your encryption type if you use their login software, which is actually pretty good.

tguser
@you-host.org

tguser

Anon

I've been using Torguard.net VPN for a couple weeks and just got this in an email for those interested.

For a limited time, you can now give yourself (or that geek you know) the gift of encryption for 30% off regular price! If you missed out on BlackFriday and were asleep for CyberMonday, this is a perfect opportunity to cash in on one of our last big holiday sales. Starting on December 14th, all the way through the 25th, just enter the discount code “AnonymousSanta” during checkout to instantly receive 30% off of all services in your shopping cart. This discount applies to all TorGuard services, including our VPN, proxy and VPN Reseller packages!

Guru
join:2008-10-01

1 edit

Guru

*** I misread the dates!

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to shwatkin

Premium Member

to shwatkin
said by shwatkin:

Mike, those speeds are via PPTP/L2TP. I didn't bother with the SSTP account, figured 256-bit encryption would be good enough. It's really easy to choose your encryption type if you use their login software, which is actually pretty good.

Done deal, all signed up for a month to check it out. Very painless setup.

Thanks for the intel. Sorry if it appears I'm posting from, you know, Istanbul.

Mike
qewey
join:2007-10-04

qewey to tguser

to tguser
said by tguser :

I've been using Torguard.net VPN for a couple weeks

how is torguard ? how is speed and are there a lot of disconnect ?

can you switch between servers unlimited ? how many servers are there.

can you change IP easily ?

They seems to be based in Panama and not in any ACTA countries so that looks good.