All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
nrobot80
join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

nrobot80 to nlew

to nlew

Re: Cable TV service without a TV (and being charged taxes)

You live in America, taxes and death are the only two things that are guaranteed to us. You should be thanking the person that signed you up for TV service, Comcast Internet alone is almost $80 a month, so someone had the decency to help you save money.

nlew
@comcast.net

nlew

Anon

Saving money is good.

Government collecting taxes on services not used and no method to access is bad.

However, to update the original post, the pricing of the bundle is so much lower than standalone internet that even with paying taxes, the total price is much less.

At the comcast office, they advised that 1 standard definition box was free, so if I ever got a TV, I can just pick up a box to use. Also, I have access to Streampix, so even without a TV, I can watch old TV shows like Knight Rider, etc. on my computer.
gustavenla68
join:2011-02-24
Carlisle, PA

gustavenla68

said by nlew :

Saving money is good.

Government collecting taxes on services not used and no method to access is bad.

Why is it bad? If you buy the service you should pay the taxes on the purchase. Government should not have to determine if you use the item/service you buy. What is next? Should the government refund sales tax on clothes you buy but never wear?