IBEW 2222 Boston, MA
Premium Member
join:2004-09-02
united state

telcotech

Premium Member

Missing red "add" text on "Port Forwarding"

Click for full size
Above is my current Port Forward page - notice the lack of the red "add" text in the bottom left and action icons to the right of each rule. I was trying to set up port forwarding on this router but couldn't find the red "add" text in the bottom left corner of this page on my Rev A router. I contacted VZ and they couldn't fix it either. They sent me a new(er) Rev F router to me and I have the exact same issue with this router too. I've tried on Win 7 x64 with FF17.x, IE9, Chrome; WinXP FF & IE all with the same results. No "Action" icon either. It's interesting that the red "add" text appears on other pages (port triggering, etc.) without a problem. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
lijacobs
join:2010-07-30
Woodmere, NY

lijacobs

Re: Missing red "add" text on "Port Forwarding&qu

I'm a bit confused. Isn't that an "Add" button in blue, near the top? My page looks the same and I've had no trouble adding port forwarding rules.
zippoboy7
join:2006-06-18
USA

zippoboy7 to telcotech

to telcotech
The add is in the first row of buttons at the top, right under the drop-down boxes where you actually define the port forwarding rules.

telcotech
IBEW 2222 Boston, MA
Premium Member
united state

telcotech

Premium Member

Click for full size
THIS is what I am expecting. It is nowhere to be found. It is impossible to edit on my screen - you must delete & recreate to do that. All of the instructions from VZ, Actiontec, and Youtube videos that I have seen all talk about this screen - not the one I get.
GreyWhyte
join:2009-06-03
Laurel, MD

GreyWhyte to telcotech

to telcotech
I've got a Rev I and it has the exact same screen from your initial post. You gotta start from scratch every time you make a rule...no edits.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to telcotech

MVM

to telcotech
What firmware revision is on your Rev.A router? Should be 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.14.4, then you'll get what you showed in your original post.

You're looking for the first step in port forwarding like you'll see here with 2009 firmware. »Re: Port Forwarding Stopped Working. No longer available.

Yes, there is no editing an existing rule. You can only delete then recreate.

telcotech
IBEW 2222 Boston, MA
Premium Member
united state

telcotech to GreyWhyte

Premium Member

to GreyWhyte
Apparently VZ hasn't informed their support folks. They were trying their darndest to get the screen above to be shown to me - without any luck. I managed to get the port forwards that I needed into the router, but it would have been much easier had I not tried to follow all the how to articles and help pages all over the place. Very frustrating - but I managed to get a N router when they offered to replace it - so it's not so bad I suppose.
telcotech

telcotech to birdfeedr

Premium Member

to birdfeedr
The Rev A router has been returned, so I don't know what the firmware rev level was. There is a ton of legacy (pre 2009 firmware) help articles out there. I tried to find out some info on firmware levels - but didn't learn very much.
telcotech

telcotech

Premium Member

It looks like this mystery is solved for me. Thanks to those that added replies. At least I know I'm not losing my mind.