Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fleeced

join:2012-10-06
kudos:2
reply to bshampine

Re: Xbox Live And Extreme Internet

Have you done any other testing other than with your Xbox? Do you have speed issues on your computer doing speed tests?

bshampine

join:2010-04-08
Gouverneur, NY

No other speed issues but like I've said previously I've went from a 10/1 connection to a docsis 3 30/5 speed tier and having same problems on Xbox like people are dropping me with one shot but it takes sometimes a whole clip no matter if it's COD or RSV2 doesn't matter

Fleeced

reply to bshampine

I'm waiting for you to tell me an issue that isn't COD related. I play it and that happens to me as well. Sometimes in the same game.

Let me repeat myself again:

Call of Duty is a terrible game in terms of netcode. It's been getting progressively worse with each iteration, and there's usually major fixes for the lag in the game. So when you have something other than COD having a problem, there might be something to do. Otherwise you can deal with it like the rest of us do.

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27
reply to bshampine

Questions:
-model xbox (newer slim or older beige/white style)
-clear caches and updates? Re d/l any maps, DLC...
-what else is on your network/lan? just modem then xbox?
-any QoS ? (n/a if you are modem->xbox)
-I assume you did just modem to xbox to isolate any hardware/router?
-Bad router/modem? Can you get a replacement modem?
-change cables? How is wiring? Any DB loss on the coax? any splitters?
-can you isolate the xbox (can a buddy bring their setup over and connect with same issue...isolating the xbox out)?
-did you piss anyone off and getting DDoS (ok, far stretch but hey, someone...well...could send attacks to IP...been done before) Doubtful but throwing stuff out.

I am sure you realize that there are no "servers" with xbox...you host, they all come to you. I've played games with buddy in NZ...I had to lead shots with the global lag. Sad. But when I hosted, he had the lag.

BTW (oh, same with PS3... but since it's free I don't care).
--
Splat

bshampine

Gouverneur, NY

1.) Older XBox
2.) Cleared everything and re downloaded all required maps ect..
3.) Xbox, Laptop, Netgear router.
4.) Tried QoS and didnt really have any luck in that situation neither.
5.) Hardwired into modem which is a arris dg860 ( Gateway ) which ive tried no router and bridge mode with router same issues.
6.) New cable from pole directly to modem.
7.) Brother is having same issue and lives like 3 mins from me.
8.) Yes I believe ive been hit with many DDoS attacks during clan matches id be hosting and booted off xbox live. Which only happends in clan matches against certain people.

Also, ive been researching about proxy servers and vpn's which people are saying if my area is congested this could help my connection out? Please if you can message me and hopefully we can figure out the problem im sick of spending top dollar for high speed internet and getting no where as far as console gaming.

Thanks.

DelmarPip

join:2011-10-15
South Padre Island, TX
reply to bshampine

the answer to your problem is report all cheaters on xbox live

Fleeced

lol. Might as well just give up there.

As for the proxies/VPNs, they're just going to add more hops and more latency to your game. All the free proxies are already slow, and the others you're just going to have to pay for. Just sounds like your party leader is too far away from you and is giving you terrible games. The only time I have where the games are always awesome is when I'm playing with locals against locals. The rest of the games are crapshoots, and when the party leader is further away, it usually means the host is even further than that which results in horrendous games. Do you play any FFA?

chalieboy

join:2009-11-26
Euclid, OH

said by Fleeced:

lol. Might as well just give up there.

As for the proxies/VPNs, they're just going to add more hops and more latency to your game. All the free proxies are already slow, and the others you're just going to have to pay for. Just sounds like your party leader is too far away from you and is giving you terrible games. The only time I have where the games are always awesome is when I'm playing with locals against locals. The rest of the games are crapshoots, and when the party leader is further away, it usually means the host is even further than that which results in horrendous games. Do you play any FFA?

For the last time, ITS NOT THE GAME. How hard is that to understand? Its any game, including games that have dedicated servers or even when I am HOST of the game.

chalieboy

Euclid, OH
reply to bshampine

Id like to add my brothers ps3 has little problems and I know the problem isnt my xbox because I have 2 xboxes and my buddy has also brought his xbox to my house while i brought mine to his house and it was fine.

Fleeced

reply to bshampine

With all that said, you don't have any issues with any of your computers or anything except for your XBox.

You have yet to describe anything other than what most people experience when playing Call Of Duty. I know and play with people who have Comcast, Cox, FIOS, DSL Hughesnet and other services that have the exact same problem as you. Some have the problem and their neighbors don't, but they play with different people. I get host and the game explodes on me and kicks me out and breaks up my party. When I do get into the game with host it's sometimes laggy and sometimes not. Host does not make a difference here. It is your communication with the game server that is the problem.

The only thing that may help the OP is getting his own router and bridging the modem. It's not your service.

Fleeced

reply to bshampine

»community.callofduty.com/message/413758857
»www.callofduty.com/message/413727878
»www.polygon.com/2012/11/26/36923···ealed-by

The game director offering tips for bad lag means your game perfect and the game isn't the culprit.

chalieboy

Euclid, OH
reply to Fleeced

said by Fleeced:

With all that said, you don't have any issues with any of your computers or anything except for your XBox.

You have yet to describe anything other than what most people experience when playing Call Of Duty. I know and play with people who have Comcast, Cox, FIOS, DSL Hughesnet and other services that have the exact same problem as you. Some have the problem and their neighbors don't, but they play with different people. I get host and the game explodes on me and kicks me out and breaks up my party. When I do get into the game with host it's sometimes laggy and sometimes not. Host does not make a difference here. It is your communication with the game server that is the problem.

The only thing that may help the OP is getting his own router and bridging the modem. It's not your service.

Just stop posting, you are zero help and refuse to listen to what we are saying. How many times do I have to tell you that I have tested MANY times at other locations who have time warner and its PERFECT. We all know there is problems with CODs netcoding. We all know the inconsistently with p2p gaming. Stop telling us information that everybody knows. Its like you refuse to listen, even with dedicated servers, its HORRIBLE. Are you listening yet? Even hosting the game, ITS HORRIBLE. Halo 4, which has great netcoding, IS HORRIBLE.

Ive tried multiple routers, multiple modems, have had all the lines changed, tried changing the MTU multiple times, Tried DMZ mode. Friends brought there xbox to my house and saw the problem, I bring my xbox to their house and its perfect, almost all night we play. Obviously there are games which are a bad host, but 90% of the games at his house are VERY TOLERABLE. At my house, im lucky to have 5% of the games be TOLERABLE.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

I have a feeling he's one of them.

Fleeced

reply to bshampine

Then give me something other than "My vidja gamez don't work".

something

Use your own router, that's the only thing that TWC has that would be affecting your connection at this point in time.

bshampine

Gouverneur, NY

Now you just said that you played at your friends house on time Warner cable with no problems but have problems at your house you don't think time Warner is the blame for that?

Furious bEz
fgclive.com
Premium
join:2003-08-13
Los Angeles, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to chalieboy

My testing did not go as plan last weekend, but I've been following this thread nonetheless... Have you setup the port fowarding for the XBOX, or are you depending on DMZ only?
--
Furious Gaming Communityfgclive.com)
A community of league gamers driven by members and proven leaders!

chalieboy

Euclid, OH
reply to bshampine

said by bshampine:

Now you just said that you played at your friends house on time Warner cable with no problems but have problems at your house you don't think time Warner is the blame for that?

I do think they are to blame lol, its the other guy that believes otherwise

chalieboy

Euclid, OH
reply to Furious bEz

said by Furious bEz:

My testing did not go as plan last weekend, but I've been following this thread nonetheless... Have you setup the port fowarding for the XBOX, or are you depending on DMZ only?

Ya I have tried fowarding, Triggering, DMZ, virtual servers, etc. Im to the point where im 99.9% sure the problem is outside of my control.

chalieboy

Euclid, OH
reply to chalieboy

What mind-boggles me is that Ps3 online is a much better experience on my connection. I dont know if their main server is less prone to stress on the connection or what but it definitely confuses me.

silentjoker

join:2008-09-13
Hermitage, PA
reply to bshampine

also 1 main factor to look into is its probably your tv. Since flat panel became the normal now all the cheap ass companys came out also. So there are 80% of TV's out now that yeah look better then older ones but cause problems. My 2000$ couple year old sony bravia tv causes like 100ms lag for just displaying the game trew my hdmi. if I hook up vga to an old tube tv its like spot on. Watching tv movies etc you will never notice this lag or delay cause you don't have to sync with another tv. Put 2 next to each other and bam its hugely a problem in todays tv world.

I use monitors rather then TV's now for the quicker responses. But just a thought stop banging your head. If its not the net its problably your setup. So try playing on vga hookup on your tv rather then hdmi and see if its still behind.

chalieboy

Euclid, OH

said by silentjoker:

also 1 main factor to look into is its probably your tv. Since flat panel became the normal now all the cheap ass companys came out also. So there are 80% of TV's out now that yeah look better then older ones but cause problems. My 2000$ couple year old sony bravia tv causes like 100ms lag for just displaying the game trew my hdmi. if I hook up vga to an old tube tv its like spot on. Watching tv movies etc you will never notice this lag or delay cause you don't have to sync with another tv. Put 2 next to each other and bam its hugely a problem in todays tv world.

I use monitors rather then TV's now for the quicker responses. But just a thought stop banging your head. If its not the net its problably your setup. So try playing on vga hookup on your tv rather then hdmi and see if its still behind.

Ya I have also thought of that. I have a great monitor though, I figured something might be wrong with it a while back and tried playing on a tube and had no luck.

Fleeced

reply to chalieboy

So your PS3 works but your XBox doesn't?

chalieboy

Euclid, OH

said by Fleeced:

So your PS3 works but your XBox doesn't?

I would say its tolerable while my xbox isnt.

Fleeced

reply to bshampine

Wouldn't that mean if it was truly TWC, it would be intolerable on both systems?

Sounds to me like your PS3 has the better NAT settings than your XBox.

chalieboy

Euclid, OH

said by Fleeced:

Wouldn't that mean if it was truly TWC, it would be intolerable on both systems?

Sounds to me like your PS3 has the better NAT settings than your XBox.

Not really, Even in DMZ mode, the problem still persists.

Fleeced

reply to bshampine

If your PS3 is better than your XBox it's either a NAT issue or where your internet is being routed in the actual internets itself, neither of which TWC has much control over (You have control on the NAT. Get your own third party router, All in one gateways are almost always terrible for gaming, especially with multiple consoles).

chalieboy

Euclid, OH

said by Fleeced:

If your PS3 is better than your XBox it's either a NAT issue or where your internet is being routed in the actual internets itself, neither of which TWC has much control over (You have control on the NAT. Get your own third party router, All in one gateways are almost always terrible for gaming, especially with multiple consoles).

Can you just please stop posting now, you are 0 help. Ive stated multiple times that I have my own router and have tried other multiple routers and you just keep reading past it. There is no NAT issue if your system is in DMZ mode. Even so, I know how to properly open ports.

Fleeced

Then you understand that opening ports only opens to one device/IP, if you trigger it will do it one at a time, and that sometimes may or may not help, and depending on the router, DMZ sometimes doesn't help. I'm still waiting for anything other than your games on one console that is having a problem.

If you're using a D3 gateway, have you verified that it is properly bridged?

chalieboy

Euclid, OH

said by Fleeced:

Then you understand that opening ports only opens to one device/IP, if you trigger it will do it one at a time, and that sometimes may or may not help, and depending on the router, DMZ sometimes doesn't help. I'm still waiting for anything other than your games on one console that is having a problem.

Just stop, please. You are giving me highschool level networking information. I know how to properly port forward and I know how to properly bridge. My NAT type is open and its fine.

Fleeced

reply to bshampine

I didn't see a specific model.