uniqs
chalieboy
join:2009-11-26
Euclid, OH

chalieboy to silentjoker

to silentjoker

Re: Xbox Live And Extreme Internet

said by silentjoker:

also 1 main factor to look into is its probably your tv. Since flat panel became the normal now all the cheap ass companys came out also. So there are 80% of TV's out now that yeah look better then older ones but cause problems. My 2000$ couple year old sony bravia tv causes like 100ms lag for just displaying the game trew my hdmi. if I hook up vga to an old tube tv its like spot on. Watching tv movies etc you will never notice this lag or delay cause you don't have to sync with another tv. Put 2 next to each other and bam its hugely a problem in todays tv world.

I use monitors rather then TV's now for the quicker responses. But just a thought stop banging your head. If its not the net its problably your setup. So try playing on vga hookup on your tv rather then hdmi and see if its still behind.

Ya I have also thought of that. I have a great monitor though, I figured something might be wrong with it a while back and tried playing on a tube and had no luck.
Fleeced
join:2012-10-06

Fleeced to chalieboy

to chalieboy
So your PS3 works but your XBox doesn't?
chalieboy
Euclid, OH

chalieboy

said by Fleeced:

So your PS3 works but your XBox doesn't?

I would say its tolerable while my xbox isnt.
Fleeced

Fleeced to bshampine

to bshampine
Wouldn't that mean if it was truly TWC, it would be intolerable on both systems?

Sounds to me like your PS3 has the better NAT settings than your XBox.
chalieboy
Euclid, OH

chalieboy

said by Fleeced:

Wouldn't that mean if it was truly TWC, it would be intolerable on both systems?

Sounds to me like your PS3 has the better NAT settings than your XBox.

Not really, Even in DMZ mode, the problem still persists.
Fleeced

Fleeced to bshampine

to bshampine
If your PS3 is better than your XBox it's either a NAT issue or where your internet is being routed in the actual internets itself, neither of which TWC has much control over (You have control on the NAT. Get your own third party router, All in one gateways are almost always terrible for gaming, especially with multiple consoles).
chalieboy
Euclid, OH

chalieboy

said by Fleeced:

If your PS3 is better than your XBox it's either a NAT issue or where your internet is being routed in the actual internets itself, neither of which TWC has much control over (You have control on the NAT. Get your own third party router, All in one gateways are almost always terrible for gaming, especially with multiple consoles).

Can you just please stop posting now, you are 0 help. Ive stated multiple times that I have my own router and have tried other multiple routers and you just keep reading past it. There is no NAT issue if your system is in DMZ mode. Even so, I know how to properly open ports.
Fleeced

Fleeced

Then you understand that opening ports only opens to one device/IP, if you trigger it will do it one at a time, and that sometimes may or may not help, and depending on the router, DMZ sometimes doesn't help. I'm still waiting for anything other than your games on one console that is having a problem.

If you're using a D3 gateway, have you verified that it is properly bridged?
chalieboy
Euclid, OH

chalieboy

said by Fleeced:

Then you understand that opening ports only opens to one device/IP, if you trigger it will do it one at a time, and that sometimes may or may not help, and depending on the router, DMZ sometimes doesn't help. I'm still waiting for anything other than your games on one console that is having a problem.

Just stop, please. You are giving me highschool level networking information. I know how to properly port forward and I know how to properly bridge. My NAT type is open and its fine.
Fleeced

Fleeced to bshampine

to bshampine

I didn't see a specific model.
bshampine
join:2010-04-08
Gouverneur, NY

bshampine

My model is a Arris dg860 which ive shut DHCP off and wireless put in bridge mode. Anything else other then that need to be done before its officially in bridge mode?
Fleeced

Fleeced to bshampine

to bshampine
The Arrises are weird and DHCP doesn't matter, have you verified you're not getting a 192.168 as your WAN IP on your personal router?
bshampine
join:2010-04-08
Gouverneur, NY

bshampine

sorry im still new to this stuff but I went into status on my router page and the default gateway dont start with 192.168 so this must answer your question with a yes?
Fleeced

Fleeced to bshampine

to bshampine
You should have 3 main pieces of info on your router about the WAN. Your IP, Subnet (Which should be 255.255.255.0) and Default gateway. The IP and default gateway should be the same on the first two octets (the first two dots) the last two will be different. If you are getting those on your router, then yes, it's bridged.

To me it looks like a routing (As in, the path your internets take to get to their internets) issue. The problem you're going to have there is it is near impossible to get an accurate representation of pings/tracerts because it depends on who is host, their routing to the internet, your routing to the internet, your MTU levels (OH - Check that, is it on 1500 or 1472?), THEIR MTU levels, their ping times, who your party leader is, etc.

You're at the junction where your signals strengths are fine, don't see any issues there (Want to repost to see if they've changed?), and TWC isn't going to be much help at this point, they're just going to blame your stuff/connection to your game servers.

CHeck your MTs and repost your signals just to see if they have changed.
chalieboy
Euclid, OH

1 edit

chalieboy to bshampine

to bshampine
welp, today is one of those random days in the month where the internet is working as it should. The only difference Ive noticed is that my IP and Default gateway has changed. The difference is truly astonishing. Even on a Yellow bar connection, the difference is mind blowing. Im sure it will be garbage tomorrow though, it never keeps up for more than a full day or 2.

EDIT: ya it was a fluke, its pretty horrible again.

ParaLyze
@rr.com

ParaLyze

Anon

i know exactly what you mean. Alot of people online are 2 or 3 seconds ahead of me and it makes me want to break my tv. I have the motorola surfboard (gateway) and its completely terrible. I get half the download im suppose to be getting with it and im pretty sure thats not suppose to happen when no1s on the internet. What helped alot was adding a netgear router which honestly got me alot better but i know when im at my best. I went back from my HDTV to standard tube and that also improved with my input lag at least. What's your speedtest/pingtest? You wired or wireless? Also if your wireless, take off any QOS, WMM, Afterburner and all that stuff because i feel like i lag more with any of that on. Anyways, im exchanging my gateway tomorrow to a motorola modem in hopes of it lowering my ping and increasing my speed
chalieboy
Euclid, OH

chalieboy to bshampine

to bshampine
I have tried everything and I dont know why I just havent gave up yet. Im using wireless at the moment because it seems like its even worse wired (I have multiple brand new cat6 and cat5e cables). My signal levels are fine, my speed tests are fine, my line quality test is fine. Everything is fine but its just horrid for gaming. And I know 100% its not because its p2p gaming. I have tried multiple routers from a lynksis, Netgear3500L, to a Dlink4300 and its all the same results. Its mindboggling and depressing.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose to bshampine

to bshampine
The buddies "3 houses down" are you sure they are on the same node? It sounds like utilization issue I'm having when i'm either uploading/downloading, the other will get traffic shaped to dial up. RR has aknowledged its a utilization issue. That's about the only think I can think of.
chalieboy
Euclid, OH

chalieboy to bshampine

to bshampine
We use to have a utilization issue a year back, and I could only get 2mbs down, they said they split the node and I was back to having full speeds. I figured it couldnt be the problem anymore or it would show up in either the tracert or something else but everything seems fine.