share rss forum feed

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to Styvas

Re: Vehicle Storage Insurance

i think what you want is just comprehensive (i think that is what it was called)...it doesn't allow you drive, but covers it for fire/theft/damage...i haven't had an extra vehicle to need it, but i know it exists as many people that work here have it on their "summer vehicles".

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
Yes, comprehensive only is pretty much what I'm looking for, but I can't find a company yet that will sell me only that. They all want it combined with something else, or I pay full coverage and am reimbursed a percentage when I switch it back to full use, etc.
--
"Moving your Tylenol to the low shelf in your medicine cabinet is not the way to prevent children from falling off a stool when reaching for the top shelf." (said by Savant, May 2008)

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
kudos:1
Call DL. Deeks Insurance... Talk to Danny Deeks and you can mention my name ..

They have special rates for members of Evangelical Churches as well..

Not sure if they have someone that will underwrite Comprehensive only, but it is worth a try

1-800-240-5283
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
They're looking into it for me. Hope to hear back this afternoon.

On a related note, The Personal just declined to insure my house because of our Rottweiler puppy. If every insurance company had the same policy, perhaps I'd understand it, but either it's a dangerous breed or it's not. Why would one company consider it dangerous and another not? Idiots!
--
"Moving your Tylenol to the low shelf in your medicine cabinet is not the way to prevent children from falling off a stool when reaching for the top shelf." (said by Savant, May 2008)