uniqs

Zupe
MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

Zupe to Ghastlyone

MVM

to Ghastlyone

Re: Why did you leave GW2? will you return?

said by Ghastlyone:

So you didn't make it to max level, but had nothing to do at max level? Hmm.

I felt like I had no reason I wanted to reach max level, because there was nothing I wanted to do at that point. I know Anet was aiming for a game that had no "end game" where the entire leveling process was endgame, but to me, it left me not wanting to level because there was nothing to look forward to. This may not apply to everyone, but it was my feeling.
said by Ghastlyone:

Complaining about how you get all your abilities by level 20 is non sense, when in the same posting you claim to go back to playing WoW. Which is even worse now on offering every class all their abilities at the start of the game, minus a few utility style skills every 15 levels of playing.

I can't really comment on this one either way at this point. I had reached level 80 on my rogue when I left WoW, and have picked up with that character, so haven't gone through leveling 1-80 since the changes. In leveling from 80-88 so far, I've gained four skills on my rogue (Redirect, Crimson Tempest, Smoke Bomb, Shadow Blades), three of which I can see being used fairly regularly.
said by Ghastlyone:

Dungeons aren't badly designed. Getting in a group of people that have no clue what the fuck they're doing will make a dungeon feel horrid and badly designed. I've run with mutiple groups in dungeons that were flawless, along with running with bad groups that would make you want to pull your hair out.

WoW is the same way.

I ran through 3 or 4 dungeons in GW2. In all of them, the main feeling I had was that, since there were no dedicated tanks or healers, they made the mobs difficult by giving them tons of health that took forever to whittle down, and/or one shot mechanics, neither of which I thought were fun, and in most mmorpgs the dungeons are the thing I enjoy most. It's possible this may be somewhat related to the groups, or may get better in higher level dungeons, but it wasn't the experience I was hoping for.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Zupe:

I can't really comment on this one either way at this point. I had reached level 80 on my rogue when I left WoW, and have picked up with that character, so haven't gone through leveling 1-80 since the changes. In leveling from 80-88 so far, I've gained four skills on my rogue (Redirect, Crimson Tempest, Smoke Bomb, Shadow Blades), three of which I can see being used fairly regularly.

Leveling from 80-90 in WoW is whole different ball game, then leveling from 1-90.

I can almost gaurentee you, that you would be pulling your hair out with your eyes glazed over in pure boredom if you currently leveled in WoW from 1-90 on a fresh new character. No gear XP boosts either. The same cannot be said with GW2, leveling a much more enjoyable.

One of the complaints from people right now with WoW is the lack of character development while leveling. You get all your abilities up front basically and then a single talent every 15 levels. That's just painful.
said by Zupe:

I ran through 3 or 4 dungeons in GW2. In all of them, the main feeling I had was that, since there were no dedicated tanks or healers, they made the mobs difficult by giving them tons of health that took forever to whittle down, and/or one shot mechanics, neither of which I thought were fun, and in most mmorpgs the dungeons are the thing I enjoy most. It's possible this may be somewhat related to the groups, or may get better in higher level dungeons, but it wasn't the experience I was hoping for.

I had the same experience also. Running dungeons in GW2 at low level can be painful. That's why I waited to get max level with all my Traits, and better gear before stepping back in them.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t

GW2 sux, WoW is awesome. That is all.