Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to Geno71

Re: [Rant] Chicago Area HSI: Paying $70/mo for less than 30Mb/s

I've had comcast for 2 years now and have been on promo pricing the whole time. Simply call and ask.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com
»www.BronzedBod.com

Geno71

join:2012-12-12
Antioch, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

Does the promotional pricing have a particular name? Which package / speed are you getting and at what price, if you don't mind me asking.

So out of curiosity, knowing how some of my conversations have gone (I don't threaten to leave but I do let my unhappiness with current situation be known in a friendly way / not being a loud jerk etc).... if it were you, what would you say exactly after the "how can I help you"?

ExoticFish

Stuarts Draft, VA

Just ask about any promotional offers for your area. They vary. I'm currently on Extreme 105 for $89 a month.

I've only had to call in and say I needed my promo pricing renewed. Reps have never given me any issue with applying what's available at the time.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com
»www.BronzedBod.com

Geno71

Antioch, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

So it sounds like, you actually switch service levels along with the promo... vs. getting a "promo price" for an existing package (that you've had for a long time). I think that's the key. I'm not looking to constantly switch packages to get a different price.

ExoticFish

Stuarts Draft, VA

No. I had been on Blast the entire time until last month when I upgraded to Extreme 105.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com
»www.BronzedBod.com

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to ExoticFish

said by ExoticFish:

I've had comcast for 2 years now and have been on promo pricing the whole time. Simply call and ask.

This right here.

I have never paid full price for Comcast service. I simply call and let them know that Uverse sent me a price quote and they knock my bill down about $20. It works every time.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Geno71

Antioch, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

So receiving an advertisement from someone else is sufficient to get $20 knocked off your bill? It's surprising to hear that. I'll see what comes of my other inquiries here. If I don't get any help maybe I'll go that route.

Sounding like there may be a problem with my modem and the files that have been sent to it, throttling my speed back when it shouldn't. I have confirmed from others at $70/mo I should be getting close to 40Mb/s easy. So maybe I'll ask for a one-time credit for a free month of service to even things up a bit.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

have you called in about your speed issue!?!? you say you called in about billing, but how about having a tech out?
--
I'm better than you!

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Geno71

said by Geno71:

So receiving an advertisement from someone else is sufficient to get $20 knocked off your bill? It's surprising to hear that. I'll see what comes of my other inquiries here. If I don't get any help maybe I'll go that route.

Sounding like there may be a problem with my modem and the files that have been sent to it, throttling my speed back when it shouldn't. I have confirmed from others at $70/mo I should be getting close to 40Mb/s easy. So maybe I'll ask for a one-time credit for a free month of service to even things up a bit.

Lets put it this way. If I can get promo pricing through Uverse for $90 a month, and Comcast is at $120, they will always knock $20 off per month and I will stay with them. All I have to do is call retention and say I am cancelling. If I get a rep that doesn't want to give me anything, I hang up and call back. I have gotten what I have asked for on the first try almost every time though. Once i had to call back a second time.

I also make a note on my calendar to call them back when my promo pricing is over.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Evanston, IL
reply to Nightfall

promo pricing works as long as they keep doing it. It isn't something to really rely on.