saitoh183
Premium Member
join:2012-01-08
Saint-Eustache, QC

1 edit

saitoh183 to singerie3

Premium Member

to singerie3

Re: [Newsgroups] great - dognzb now gone too ?

For those that dont know...taken from dognzb:
quote:

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Excellent. Now everybody knows! (which rather defeats the purpose I suppose...)
saitoh183
Premium Member
Saint-Eustache, QC

saitoh183

Premium Member

but this is just good for those that have an account and that want to login

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

*sigh*

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Private indexer ftw.

Stem Bolt
Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Premium Member
join:2002-11-08
Metropolis

Stem Bolt to saitoh183

Premium Member

to saitoh183
said by saitoh183:

I'm sure the Admin at Dognzb really appreciates it (since it defeats his intention).

Say, you didn't happen to use the same handle on Dognzb as you did here.....did you?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Hey, separate subject. Any word on whether or not takedowns decreased since this all happened? I wonder, with all the indexers shutting their doors if they didn't cut off the same service that's issuing takedowns.

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

Stem Bolt

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

Hey, separate subject. Any word on whether or not takedowns decreased since this all happened? I wonder, with all the indexers shutting their doors if they didn't cut off the same service that's issuing takedowns.

It's been speculated they could be running their own modified version of Newznab in their automated take down effort.
saitoh183
Premium Member
Saint-Eustache, QC

saitoh183 to Stem Bolt

Premium Member

to Stem Bolt
said by Stem Bolt:

said by saitoh183:

I'm sure the Admin at Dognzb really appreciates it (since it defeats his intention).

Say, you didn't happen to use the same handle on Dognzb as you did here.....did you?

Yes my handle is the same...it doesnt really defeat his intentions since you cant really use it to signup since there isnt any signup possible, but for those that have an account already but arent currently logged in, this information is useful. When your already logged in, you are brought directly to the page that states this information.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Stem Bolt

Premium Member

to Stem Bolt
So, it doesn't really matter what we say or do.

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

Stem Bolt to saitoh183

Premium Member

to saitoh183
His intention was to decrease traffic. There are probably hundreds of people constantly loading the Dognzb site in hopes of it either being open to new sign ups or word on any invites. These lookie loos are generating alot of unwanted traffic.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829 to Exodus

to Exodus
Considering the fact that the guy generating the takedowns used to RUN A PUBLIC INDEXER (and got sued, and lost), I doubt it.

Seems pesky questions on message boards didn't cause this.
knarf829

knarf829 to saitoh183

to saitoh183
said by saitoh183:

said by Stem Bolt:

said by saitoh183:

Yes my handle is the same...it doesnt really defeat his intentions since you cant really use it to signup since there isnt any signup possible, but for those that have an account already but arent currently logged in, this information is useful. When your already logged in, you are brought directly to the page that states this information.

When someone's intention is to hide the site from casual browsers and then you point and say "HEY - OVER HERE!!!!" it kind of does subvert their intention.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to Stem Bolt

Premium Member

to Stem Bolt
well the big issue is to many try and become VIP's it will flag a site with paypal. that seems to be the big issue right now the payment stuff and paypal shutting down or locking the NZB sites accounts.

This is all about money.
TOPDAWG

TOPDAWG to knarf829

Premium Member

to knarf829
the copyright guys like I said 200 times already joined all the sites themselves weeks ago if not months. It's to late now no use to pretend they're hiding from them now.

Hell I'd say they paid for VIP too so they could see the payee when you pay to report it to paypal.
knarf829

1 recommendation

knarf829

said by TOPDAWG:

the copyright guys like I said 200 times already joined all the sites themselves weeks ago if not months. It's to late now no use to pretend they're hiding from them now.

Hell I'd say they paid for VIP too so they could see the payee when you pay to report it to paypal.

Not the point. A site owner took steps to hide his site from casual viewers. People who use the site should respect that. Not because it'll do anything to improve this situation, but because that's what the site owner wanted.

seamore
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02

seamore to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Private indexer ftw.

care to share?
saitoh183
Premium Member
Saint-Eustache, QC

saitoh183 to knarf829

Premium Member

to knarf829
said by knarf829:

When someone's intention is to hide the site from casual browsers and then you point and say "HEY - OVER HERE!!!!" it kind of does subvert their intention.

If i didnt say it someone would have....if he really wanted to hide it, he wouldnt have its up at the top of the page letting us know what to do or he would have mentioned that we should not reveal it. other nzb sites have done the same and they did not post the information on there site. Anyways..there is no point in arguing this any farther, what's done is done...

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to seamore

Premium Member

to seamore
Then it wouldn't be private.
knarf829

knarf829 to saitoh183

to saitoh183
said by saitoh183:

If i didnt say it someone would have...

Funny. No one else did.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Actually I did and then updated my posted once the OP saw the hint.